Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MXT

JHM

Well I got it yesterday. I've read the manual twice. The controls are simple and easy to use. I like the way the machine operates. If it performs like I think it will it maybe the only detector I will need. I have 4 right now. One issue is we got snow on the ground here in TN and it rained all day yesterday. I can tell already that I will be buying a smaller then 12 inch coil. I'm considering a 6 inch excellerator, 8 by 6 sef or 4 by 10 whites coil. All recommendations are welcome.

All of your selections will work great with the EX 6DD giving you the best separation in the most extreme trash at the expense of coverage and depth while the 6X10 DD is at the other end of your selection with twice the coverage and good depth and good separation. The 6X8 fits in the middle. You will have to ask yourself how much separation you need at the expense of coverage and depth.

The guy I hunt with has a 6 by 8. I plan to borrow it and see how it does. I had a 6 inch excellerator on an explorer. That was one of my favorite coils. I do know the stock coil is deeep. I dug a bullet today in the 11 to 12 inch range.

[size=large]i would recommend get the book,"The MXT Edge", by Jeff Foster. i will shed more light on the operations.
second i would get a raincoat for the machine. depends if you want to play in the rain or not.

HH[/size]

Congrats on the new MXT. You're going to love it. The more you use it the more you'll get to know it. Practice practice practice is the key. They type of hunting you do is what the key is for what type of coil you need. Personally, I wouldn't like the big 12" coil either. To large and too heavy. I love my basic 9 1/2" coil and if I would want a coil to go in tight spots and a lot of junk, I always use my 5.3" coil. Keep us posted on your finds. Good luck and HH, Nancy

What little I've ran it, I can tell it's going to be a keeper. The 12 inch coil is going to be deep in my ground but is too big for cluttered areas. I have 4 other detectors and I'm deciding which one I'm going to sell to buy more coils. I don't have enough time to justify that many detectors. One thing I noticed. The ground tracking is the best I've ever seen on a detector. I like the ground grab feature to as well as the backlight. Can't beat whites customer service. I predict good days ahead.

That's for sure about Whites service. Good luck and hope you have some good hunts ahead. Nancy

I have 2 other whites detectors and have had good luck with both. I may sell my xl pro. I don't see any reason to keep it right now. I know it's going to get some serious shelf time

[size=large]i have found trying to sell one of mine is very very hard. there are times i just want to use my ml and other times my XLT. been tempted to sell the XLT but can't. it seems more versitile than the other machines. and i did say SEEMS. maybe cause i've not gotten out enough with any one of them. good luck selling the ml. folks just want ya to give em away.

HH[/size]

But the thing is, is that the are paid for. IF you need the money, sell. If not, keep them. You might want to use one of those machines at different sights. If you can afford all, keep them. You won't be sorry. Each has a special place. Know what I mean? :) HH. Nancy

[size=large]i've gotten to feel i need a caddy w/cart so i can hunt and compare and learn. what a hobby.:crazy: and what a web site. i only go to this one and it's more than enough for tips and learning.
a special thanks to those who provide this forum and to all those mders who are so willing to help the rest of us in the hobby.. i find it amazing how much one learns from here.

HH[/size]

I agree and I have to admin I'm not in any hurry to sell anything. I never sell one until I'm sure I'm through with it. Even then I've had sellers remorse a couple of times.