Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 10DD is dying I am sorry to say.

Well I just got off the phone with Whites support and they confirmed what I already suspected - my 10DD is on it's way out of service. And once again, Whites stepped up and are putting a new one in the mail in the morning. Look folks, support really does not get any better than that I am here to tell you!! They just took what is a lemon for the customer and turned it onto cool, clean, and refreshing lemonade that goes down smooth and I love it!! What an awesome company they are and I think you would be industrial strength stupid to go with one of those brand X or Y companies out there that don't give a rip about their customers!!

Here's the deal on the coil and what it was doing:

For some time I have noticed that when I accidentally brush it against the grass while sweeping in a park or grass covered lot it would give a false signal. Now I am not bumping again a pole, tree, or some other solid object mind you, this is just GRASS. It would be understandable if it was hitting a solid object because this is precision hardware and it would be prone to these types of things.

When I took it with me to Virginia last month the detector went ballistic with that coil attached in the front yard of my old homestead. I could hold it in the air or on the ground and it would randomly hit phantom targets not moving the coil at all. I though it may be terrestrial interference but the proximity of the rural power poles running along the property did not seem to influence the behavior as it did so near or far from them and at times would not do it directly under the poles. The point is, the "noise" so to speak was purely random as near as I could tell.

The final straw came when I hit the beach last night and the detector would go into immediate overload the moment I activated the salt beach program. This happened with the coil on the ground or in the air it made no difference. It did this one time before and I just avoided the salt beach program, but this time I did a full reset on the program which made no difference and then bypassed the Sunray probe to no avail - the coil was the cause because the detector was normal the moment I disconnected the 10DD coil or when I plugged in my 4x6 coil and fired it up - all was good. Thus I isolated the 10DD as the root cause and Whites was more than happy to immediately send out another one - no muss, no fuss and I love them. And the transferable warranty I might add!! :clapping:

:thumbup: :whites: :thumbup: Whites you are spoiling me with this great service. The cable company is going to hate you if I ever have to call them for service because you have raised the bar so high!! :rofl:

The Shark

They have been that way for as long as I can remember......... great company........:clapping:

I know how you feel, I'm on my third 10" DD, each had the same problem as yours. Current one is starting to act up a little too.

I have a feeling White's is going to come out with a new design for that coil. There is too much room for play which can cause the internal windings to separate or the like. That is a very big coil to have no support rods going across. If they put some support rods across (like 2 or 4) I wonder if the problem would not be solved. A lot of the SEF coils have this. White's makes too good of a product in general, but we hear about this coil a bit too often. I say it's the design.

The coil arrived over the weekend. Once again Whites was jiffy quick!! I popped it on last night and hit an old lightly used park I have been hitting for months. Considering the low traffic in this old park and the amount of time I have spent covering in the past few months the returns have diminished to little to nothing. Well I am happy to report that the new coil is sucking clad out of the ground there with ease. I spent a little more than an hour in the park and came home with $2.63 in assorted clad coins. The new coil worked great, and does not false at all even with moderate jolts. I suspect this coil has been defective since I got my V3, but it works great now.

Strange thing is, the coil arrived without any return label or return shipping info. Am I supposed to just trash the old coil? I plan to call Whites later this week to find out.

Good job Whites, thanks again for making me feel like I made the best choice in detector brands. If you don't already own a Whites, you really need to get one folks!!

The Shark