Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 1'st ever Half Dollar and She's a Beuat

hunter_46356

Few hours at a doorknock today and was digging clad quarters with almost the same numbers. The Trac was throwing in a few 1-40 n 1-44's on this one.Dug her at about eight inches. Never found a half dollar. Bout fell over in the hole.

That will get ya heart pumping!!! Took me 5 years to find a half and I found 2 the same day.!964 1967 Kennedy.But I'll take any half I can find.

Thats quite a half!:clapping: Congratulations! What a memory/trophy you have there!
Mud

Not only did you find a half, you found a Barber half. Not only did you find a Barber half, but you found a key date 1896-S. Now that's what I call a find. I guess you hadn't looked up the date before you posted. I think you should :bouncy:

WooooWeee! I just looked it up! Nice! I wonder what y'all think hunter's coin would grade at?
Mud

Don I actually did look up the Barbers. Didn't see the 1896s listed a key date. I'm still on the adrenalin high from finding it. I've cleaned the barber dimes and one quarter that I've found with the foil, boiling water and baking soda thing but not sure about this one. Any recommendations. Is this an acceptable cleaning process. Not going to mess this up now that I got her out of the ground. As far as grade Mud she's not in the best of shape. Viewing others I've seen on the web I'd say it below Good. But that doesn't matter to me. She's not going anywhere anytime soon. My kids will have to figure out what to do when I take her place in the ground.

Outstanding find. Not. Sure my heart could take a find like that but I would love to find out. Congratulations.

"My kids will have to figure out what to do when I take her place in the ground."

I love that statement! :clapping:

Congrats an an outstanding find!

HH y'all.

Frank

Hunter , great find. I remember my first barber half, like you i almost fell right over. And seeing the back side first, thought it was a Kennedy half. I like your photo progression here, kind of like wait a minute, holy crap, yahoo! Good Hunts All, CO

Great find! It's always exciting to pull your plug and silver smiling back at you. No matter what condition your half is in, you'll always remember the hunt!

Beautiful half! If you want to preserve their numismatic value, do not clean, nothing. If you do not care about the numismatic value can be rubbed with a dry cloth and cigarette ash, is the least aggressive but again, better not clean, it's beautiful
What is the quote for this currency, in codici