Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 2020 Totals

floodplaindetector

I wanted to share a summary of my 2020 finds. I ended the year with 259 silver coins.

We had very dry year but a mild winter which allowed me to get a lot of hunting under my belt this year. I work full time as a software engineer so my detecting is geared toward the weekends and time off. I reside in North Dakota very close to the Minnesota border. My Parents live in North Dakota close to the South Dakota and Montana border and I have a brother that lives in Nebraska very close to the Iowa border so my hunting area involves multiple states. I couldn’t make it to Canada this year of course because of travel restrictions.

All finds were found at public sites I researched with the exception of about 3 hours of house permission hunting.

Machines used this year was almost all Minelab eTrac with the exception of about 40 hours of hunting on the Minelab Equinox at the beginning of the year.

I want to thank everyone for following my posts over the year and wish everyone a great 2021!

Dave

Below is a breakdown of my 2020 totals:

Silver coins (259)
  • 1890 Morgan Silver Dollar
  • 5 Silver Halves (2 Walkers, 2 Franklin, 1 Kennedy)
  • 38 quarters (10 Barber, 4 Standing Liberty, 1 1925 Canadian, 23 Washington Quarters)
  • 30 silver war nickels
  • 185 Silver Dimes (3 Seated (1856 oldest), 16 Barber, 91 Mercury, 72 Roosevelt, 3 Canadian KG 5)
Old Nickels
  • 1 Shield Nickel (1882)
  • 35 V Nickels
  • 58 Buffalo Nickels
  • 58 Pre 1960 Jefferson
Old Pennies
  • 42 Indian Head Pennies (1865 oldest, 1 Key Date 1908s)
  • 572 Wheat Pennies
  • 9 Canadian Small Cents
  • 1 1912 Canadian Large Cent
SilverCoins.jpg
OldNickels.jpg
IndianHeadPennies.jpg
Jewelry.jpg
OldCoversAndTokens.jpg
SomeFavoriteFindsOf2020.jpg
1946SuperManPinbackButtonAndOtherButtons.jpg
KeysAndRelics.jpg
ForeignCoinsAndCladHalves.jpg
WheatPennies.jpg

I wanted to share a summary of my 2020 finds. I ended the year with 259 silver coins.

We had very dry year but a mild winter which allowed me to get a lot of hunting under my belt this year. I work full time as a software engineer so my detecting is geared toward the weekends and time off. I reside in North Dakota very close to the Minnesota border. My Parents live in North Dakota close to the South Dakota and Montana border and I have a brother that lives in Nebraska very close to the Iowa border so my hunting area involves multiple states. I couldn’t make it to Canada this year of course because of travel restrictions.

All finds were found at public sites I researched with the exception of about 3 hours of house permission hunting.

Machines used this year was almost all Minelab eTrac with the exception of about 40 hours of hunting on the Minelab Equinox at the beginning of the year.

I want to thank everyone for following my posts over the year and wish everyone a great 2021!

Dave

Below is a breakdown of my 2020 totals:

Silver coins (259)
  • 1890 Morgan Silver Dollar
  • 5 Silver Halves (2 Walkers, 2 Franklin, 1 Kennedy)
  • 38 quarters (10 Barber, 4 Standing Liberty, 1 1925 Canadian, 23 Washington Quarters)
  • 30 silver war nickels
  • 185 Silver Dimes (3 Seated (1856 oldest), 16 Barber, 91 Mercury, 72 Roosevelt, 3 Canadian KG 5)
Old Nickels
  • 1 Shield Nickel (1882)
  • 35 V Nickels
  • 58 Buffalo Nickels
  • 58 Pre 1960 Jefferson
Old Pennies
  • 42 Indian Head Pennies (1865 oldest, 1 Key Date 1908s)
  • 572 Wheat Pennies
  • 9 Canadian Small Cents
  • 1 1912 Canadian Large Cent
View attachment 10940View attachment 10941View attachment 10942View attachment 10943View attachment 10944View attachment 10945View attachment 10946View attachment 10947View attachment 10948View attachment 10949
WOW!!!! That is super impressive!

Absolutely mind blowing!!! What an incredible successful year!! I knew you were going to have a huge pile of goodies to show all of us 🤣
A huge congratulations and I wish you the best for 2021!!

Leaves me absolutely speechless! Congrats on the year, FPD!! You have shown that it CAN be done.
HH okie

Killer year Dave congratulations!I just had a trifecta today my oldest seated dime 1849!!
Mark

I think there might be some groundhog mixed in your DNA..lol.. I always look forward to your massive hunts.. except for the rare sleeper sites on private property i don’t believe target rich sites like that exist in my area.. I just recently learned of a long forgotten park that use to exist in a local river which ceased operations 115 years ago..I just gotta figure out how to gain access safely come springtime and hope that a hundred and some odd years of flooding hasn’t removed all the soil..

Simply and outstanding and banner year. Amazing amount of silver coins, other old coins, jewels and relic/curios.

For nearly three decades wife and I have vacationed in the Park Rapids area and I've hunted around there quite a bit. In recent years have been going up to Arensen's on Lake Of The Woods with our three sons and a nephew from Grand Forks. Great walleye fishing takes president over swinging for a week. Hope you have another like year. HH Jim tn

Lets just hope you have a better year in 2021 lol.Joking aside that is absolutely awesome,well done on an amazing year.

What a haul doesn't begin to describe what you did in 2020. I can't think of anything else to say simply AWESOME!!!

Hey Dave There’s a ring you found I found the exact one my wife’s wears it all the time ! Great year with awesome finds!!!
Mark

Attachments

• 46BB4BE7-1CFE-4153-992C-951542C0C510.png
    46BB4BE7-1CFE-4153-992C-951542C0C510.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
Thanks for sharing Dave that is a stellar amount of detecting my friend! I have to ask is that your best on silvers?
HH Jeff

My older brother asked me if I was part of the Lewis And Clark Expedition in a prior life :)
Yep, alot of the sites i hit, I may not even hit a deep target after an hour but it is surprising how eventually at a lot of sites
you can run into an Iron Patch or targets if you put in enough walking and try to hit where you think not many people have.
I try and use the exercise as motivation so i have alot of patience when hunting.
Dave

I think there might be some groundhog mixed in your DNA..lol.. I always look forward to your massive hunts.. except for the rare sleeper sites on private property i don’t believe target rich sites like that exist in my area.. I just recently learned of a long forgotten park that use to exist in a local river which ceased operations 115 years ago..I just gotta figure out how to gain access safely come springtime and hope that a hundred and some odd years of flooding hasn’t removed all the soil..

Hi Jim, thanks. Yes, that park rapids area is nice. I have not hunted there in at least 8 years or so. I remember getting a barber dime there many years ago.
Simply and outstanding and banner year. Amazing amount of silver coins, other old coins, jewels and relic/curios.

For nearly three decades wife and I have vacationed in the Park Rapids area and I've hunted around there quite a bit. In recent years have been going up to Arensen's on Lake Of The Woods with our three sons and a nephew from Grand Forks. Great walleye fishing takes president over swinging for a week. Hope you have another like year. HH Jim tn