Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 2020 Year End Totals

floodplaindetector

I wanted to share a summary of my 2020 finds. I ended the year with 259 silver coins.

We had very dry year but a mild winter which allowed me to get a lot of hunting under my belt this year. I work full time as a software engineer so my detecting is geared toward the weekends and time off. I reside in North Dakota very close to the Minnesota border. My Parents live in North Dakota close to the South Dakota and Montana border and I have a brother that lives in Nebraska very close to the Iowa border so my hunting area involves multiple states. I couldn’t make it to Canada this year of course because of travel restrictions.

All finds were found at public sites I researched with the exception of about 3 hours of house permission hunting.

Machines used this year was almost all Minelab eTrac with the exception of about 40 hours of hunting on the Minelab Equinox at the beginning of the year.

I want to thank everyone for following my posts over the year and wish everyone a great 2021!

Dave

Below is a breakdown of my 2020 totals:

Silver coins (259)
  • 1890 Morgan Silver Dollar
  • 5 Silver Halves (2 Walkers, 2 Franklin, 1 Kennedy)
  • 38 quarters (10 Barber, 4 Standing Liberty, 1 1925 Canadian, 23 Washington Quarters)
  • 30 silver war nickels
  • 185 Silver Dimes (3 Seated (1856 oldest), 16 Barber, 91 Mercury, 72 Roosevelt, 3 Canadian KG 5)
Old Nickels
  • 1 Shield Nickel (1882)
  • 35 V Nickels
  • 58 Buffalo Nickels
  • 58 Pre 1960 Jefferson
Old Pennies
  • 42 Indian Head Pennies (1865 oldest, 1 Key Date 1908s)
  • 572 Wheat Pennies
  • 9 Canadian Small Cents
  • 1 1912 Canadian Large Cent
SilverCoins.jpg
OldNickels.jpg
IndianHeadPennies.jpg
Jewelry.jpg
OldCoversAndTokens.jpg
KeysAndRelics.jpg
SomeFavoriteFindsOf2020.jpg
1946SuperManPinbackButtonAndOtherButtons.jpg
ForeignCoinsAndCladHalves.jpg
WheatPennies.jpg

Wtg you had a great year !
My best year was a couple of years ago when I had 158 silver coins and the amount of time I averaged per week was 25 to 30 hours and I'm in an area that I hardly ever see anybody hunting.
You must be swinging your arm off for those kind of numbers and you are hunting according to your posts POUNDED PUBLIC PARKS .
That's mind-boggling 👏

Thank you for the post of all your outstanding finds.
The work and time you put into the etrac shows us all that if we really want it, we can find it.
Hands down the best post I have ever seen.
And let me add this......
WOW !

E L M Y

Thanks. Appreciate it. Yes, it takes a ton of research, patience and alot of walking and driving. That is for sure.
Wtg you had a great year !
My best year was a couple of years ago when I had 158 silver coins and the amount of time I averaged per week was 25 to 30 hours and I'm in an area that I hardly ever see anybody hunting.
You must be swinging your arm off for those kind of numbers and you are hunting according to your posts POUNDED PUBLIC PARKS .
That's mind-boggling 👏

Elmy, thanks for the response. That means alot and I really appreciate all the pointers you gave me this year from your knowledge and experimentation.

Dave

Thank you for the post of all your outstanding finds.
The work and time you put into the etrac shows us all that if we really want it, we can find it.
Hands down the best post I have ever seen.
And let me add this......
WOW !

E L M Y

It’s a road trip to floodplaindetector’s !! 🤣😂
What an outstanding year!!!

I know we have more to find around where we live but a lot is private property with most folks not liking people digging in their yards. Still researching old picnic and dance hall locations and things like that. Finding the 1897 Barber dime and 1907 Barber Half fueled the fire but after looking at that barrage of photos I had to grab a beer to simmer down! 😂😂

You had a great year, once again proving the value of research and time investments!

I can't even come close to that these days, although I don't go over 100 trips a year like I used to.

Here's hoping to see you beat that in 2021!

barber half is a great find and they are very hard to get.
I know we have more to find around where we live but a lot is private property with most folks not liking people digging in their yards. Still researching old picnic and dance hall locations and things like that. Finding the 1897 Barber dime and 1907 Barber Half fueled the fire but after looking at that barrage of photos I had to grab a beer to simmer down! 😂😂

thanks. I wont beat what i found this past year but the hobby will always be fun..
You had a great year, once again proving the value of research and time investments!

I can't even come close to that these days, although I don't go over 100 trips a year like I used to.

Here's hoping to see you beat that in 2021!