Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 2nd SLQ ever! (VIDEO)

Ohio Digger

VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EviEIAJSeX4

I've contemplated upgrading to a CTX this year but every time I go out with the Etrac it continues to amaze me - depth, trash capabilities, target ID/tones, even the plain ol' stock coil is a beast. I love hunting areas that are completely loaded with trash, especially if it's an old area. I just open most of the screen, swing slow and listen for the high tones peep through. I picked up a Sunray X5 coil over the winter and can't wait to throw that on in the trash.

I hopped around to a couple areas today trying to scope out some new spots. Nothing really panned out so I decided to just go back to an area I did well at last year. Last year in this area I dug several deeep Barber dimes and an Indian or two, as well as a bunch of really deep old wheat pennies. I moved over to a picnic area in this same section and just picked through the trash. I got a relatively shallow quarter signal and it pinpointed like an aluminum can so wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised to see a silver quarter in the hole, and an SLQ to boot! Only my 2nd one ever! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love hunting in heavy trash with the Etrac! Just open the screen, swing slow and the Etrac will find the goods hiding.

[size=large]After not being able to detect any longer because of my permanent shingles, you don't realize how much I miss the sounds of the e trac.:stretcher:[size=large][/size][/size]

Great video. Thank you for sharing. Congrats on the slq!

WTG........!!!!!! (I'm jealous)

A BIG congratulations on the SLQ and the other finds. Thanks for taking us along on your hunt. Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

Awesome find congrats, make sure you go back with that little x5 and rehunt this place, I love my 6x8 coil to but in the worse trashiest places you will find this coil to be amazing.. good luck HH :thumbup: