Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 3rd WLH

ryanchappell

Found another WLH and 3 mercs at the site where I found 7 silver dimes in Feb.

[attachment 228720 mbaptWlkrGrAll.JPG]

[attachment 228721 mbaptWlkrGrbk.JPG]

Wow didnt you just post u were in a silver slump? And no story? You dont even seem excited? I would be pretty excited to get a walker! Congrats man

Very nice. Just found my 3rd WL few weeks ago. The WL is my favorite of the
Silver coins. She is just beautiful, IMHO!:clap:

Goes4ever said:
Wow didn't you just post u were in a silver slump? And no story? You dont even seem excited? I would be pretty excited to get a walker! Congrats man
I forgot the story. I broke away from work a tad early, lamenting about the poison ivy, lingering through reinfection, and an inability to find the last sources of the dreadful oils, and resolved that finding silver would kill any itch as this was the true source!

LOL. I did complain about the dryness and slump in the post, then at the end of that post I said I am going out to detect, and an hour later I was finding these babies! I updated "that" post. I was very excited. The Half came up 12-44, after I had found two Mercs, at 12-45, so it surprised the heck out of me. I was probably expecting a d memorial since it was only 2 inches deep. All three WLHs were about 2 inches deep. At this site I have found 10 silver dimes all right at 3.5 inches deep. I only found one last time, so I was beginning to think that was it, but I knew there was at least one merc to end the drought there because last hunt I found nothing with the 11" coil in 2 hrs, then found a merc pretty quick with the 8x6. There is a moderate array of nails, and the spot is in a corner of the complex that gets evening shade, so it retains moisture in the soil longer, and has retained loungers probably for 80 years, thus the drops!

I probably need to start digging nails there on purpose, they probably skewed the numbers on the half. Also, Mercs have been coming in higher for me lately 12-45, maybe this is why Bsq was so surprised at the 12-44s a year ago.

Sweet finds !!!! Congrats

Goes4ever said:
If there is so many nails there, have you tried your small coil and TTF?

I almost always use the 8x6 now. I always find myself regretting using the Pro Coil, because most of the sites are like this. I probably need a 5", but it might miss the 3.5 inch mercs in our soil, seriously!

I have been getting away from TTF, and usually stick to conductive multi with normal tones, and just switch between using a mid 20s something iron mask pattern, and a crude, made on the fly, restrictive pattern with the payline open, and bubbles for nickels and all coins to shine through at lower FEs than 12.

It seems like I am having better luck with "see through" sounding off good targets through the nulls, than I am with TTF in an open pattern.

I have been thinking about restricting my coin bubble pattern more so that pulltabs, CO 50s, foil, screw caps, and cans null as well.

Now that you mention it I think I might try a 30 iron mask pattern.

Maybe I need to tweak my TTF, but restricting its pattern would defy the point of TTF and cause it to null, more. Isn't TTF an opposing tactic to the E-Trac's "See Through" ability?

I have pulled in a lot of silver with my coin bubble pattern, I tent to go back to it in thick junk and do the iron mask in better spots. It also gives me the ability to make judgement calls on gold and token numbers, not that I have ever found gold with the ETrac. It is like a rougher, more restrictive version of Sabisch's coin pattern.

To succeed at something, I have to wrap my head around what I am doing, and actually understand what is happening. I guess that is why I am not any good at fishing. None of the practices make sense. Concepts like bumping the bottom, fishing cover and shade lines, temperatures, make a lot of sense but I can never quite figure it out in practice. The guys that just do what they learned to do, and don't think about it do a lot better. I am lucky that MDing is easier, and my logic applies to it better!

AJupstateNY said:
Very nice. Just found my 3rd WL few weeks ago. The WL is my favorite of the
Silver coins. She is just beautiful, IMHO!:clap: