Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My 600 is making strange sounds like its overloading

galwayboy

Just recently my machine has started to make sounds like its overloading, but it isn't. It'll make a rapid multi tone sounds then squelch. It sounds like the machine has cut off, but most times it;s on. I've had it over 3 years and while its been in the water it hasn't been recently.

Any thoughts?

Is this happening in a particular hunting area or are the symptoms anytime you turn the unit On?
I am wondering if emi is taking place causing the machine to act erratic ?

After 3 1/2 years I was having problems charging my battery. It would say charged but it wasnt.

Here's the deal on Nox repairs. They can only change the battery or replace the control unit.

Last year, it was $75 plus shipping for battery replacement Control unit replacement out of warranty, $350.

Local dealer had a battery for $30. Watch a YouTube video and changed it out in less than 5 minutes.
I dont submerge the control unit so I wasnt too concerned with the battery seal. Although I did make sure I had some good silicone grease
just in case.

After 3 years, Id say you are pushing the batteries life.

For $30 its a cost effective way to find out whet's wrong.

HH
Donna(NJ)

I have had my equinox for over three years and the battery is still going to strong.
( knock on wood) The battery is as good as the first day I received it. I’m not saying all batteries in the equinox are equal and (as Donna mentions) yours might be on the fritz.

thanks for the replies. It's happening at all environments I've tried the last couple of months. It's paid for itself. Maybe time for a replacement.

thanks for the replies. It's happening at all environments I've tried the last couple of months. It's paid for itself. Maybe time for a replacement.
I suppose the question is: would it be worth it to you to spend $30 on a new battery to see if this fixes the issue ?

Just recently my machine has started to make sounds like its overloading, but it isn't. It'll make a rapid multi tone sounds then squelch. It sounds like the machine has cut off, but most times it;s on. I've had it over 3 years and while its been in the water it hasn't been recently.

Any thoughts?
Does your Nox do this in all detect modes? Long shot, but have you cleaned out the coil & coil cover? Have you tried the Factory Reset?
My Nox is a little over 4 years old and the battery is holding up like new with hundreds of hours of detecting and many hours of submerged fresh & saltwater detecting. I'm guessing it's not the battery if it charges normally.

Does your Nox do this in all detect modes? Long shot, but have you cleaned out the coil & coil cover? Have you tried the Factory Reset?
It charges great. Its done it in every mode I've tried and I did a factory reset. It makes a sound like it shutting down, multi tone the a squelch

I fixed my problem, I bought a new 800. Now I have three years to replace leaky head units.;)