Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My area is hunted out ! Let's just see !

Elmy

Your open pattern may be too much to handle. Sounds and the trash is often found more than coins with an open pattern.
When someone goes detecting they are looking for the most circulated coinage and after a few years the area is called hunted out.
All the wheats, nickels, IH'S, dimes, quarters, half's and dollars are cleaned out after a few years ...right ?
The chances of finding a coin here is greatly reduced but if the area is old enough to have indian head pennies there may
also be a few coins left. Most are hunting for silver only or paying attention to what they think may be silver.

I will throw a coin pattern at you now and remember as in my "bucket list, tight coin pattern" post....the more coins that
you add into your pattern...the more junk that is detected along with the coins that are accepted also....it would be best to
add 2 certain coins to look for in a pattern to assure your success...and the area you hunt must be old enough to have had
coinage you are after. A good coin id chart will give you a hint of what to expect to find along with an old dated map of your area.
If an old church or school or homestead existed or coins found in a place put it in the 1800's...that place may not be cleaned out at all.
And Remember my "GREY LINE DISCRIMINATION" post? Use it here for deeper targets.

This is a pattern of some of the coins to expect in older areas...Not a pattern to hunt with, just to give you an idea of what
to setup for. And yes...The gold coins do fall into most of this pattern....the $10 and $20 gold is usually in the silver zone.
You could use this pattern if there aren't too many junk targets in your area. You may pull a 2 center, 3 center or some other
coin in your bucket list hunting this way. Anyway here is a pattern below that can be used as a reference to specific coin hunting.
EXPECT crazy fe numbers like fe of 1 to 20 for coins with iron close by, but the co number will be almost right on.
Always include the area outlined in red...the silver zone...dig those deep wheat cent signals..could be mercs or seated dimes.
Warning...you depth meter may look like it is bottomed out.

farmed field old coin pattern.jpg

E L M Y