Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My battery run time today.

Dan(NM)

It seems that the battery run time has been on a few forums as to needing a power bank. I think, seeing what I saw today, the only time one might need a power bank is, if your out in the wild and can't charge your battery for a day or two. Or, you forgot to charge your batteries the night before. I think the latter situation will more of a problem that the first for most hunters, I could be wrong.
I ran my EQ today for 5 1/2 hrs straight, using the wireless head phones and used 1 bar. After seeing that, I'm holding off on getting a power bank. I never ran into the situation on my CTX where I needed to use the AA battery pack, even though I always had one on hand. I'm a little obsessive when it comes to keeping my battery charged, my habit after every hunt is to pull my battery and start charging. I don't I'll ever use a full charge in a days hunt at my age, there was a day ,but, that day is gone.

Yep, that's the way mines been as well.

I use several different detectors, keep a track of each detector's run-time and recharge when I am at the 4 hour point before their history indicates they should go flat. I.e. if the battery has a history of running 12 hours, anything over 8 hours of use I will charge that battery. My detecting hunts usually do not last more that 4 hours in the ocean. If I know I will do more than the 4 hour hunt then I will adjust the charging point accordingly.