Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Best Relic Find!

chuckciao

Thought that this would be of interest to the Civil War MD'ers. Was hunting an old park and found this Bronze commemorative token at the base of an old tree. The TID was in the 40's so I thought it might be an old quarter. It was about 8 inches deep. The gentleman pictured is John Corson Smith who was a Brevet General of the Illinois 92nd Infantry. The token commemorates the Encampment Event in Galesburg Illinois (like a reunion of soldiers under his command) in 1906. I did a little research and determined that he he later became secretary of state of Illinois and later, Lieutenant Governor.
HH
Chuck

That is a nice find Chuck and close to home too. I get to Galesburg to hunt from time to time, it is about an hour away from me.

Thanks for posting. Nice find for sure. c c h