Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My ctx doesnt detect my 16 silver coins, why?

MEV

Hello everyone , this are my settings High trash , 0 dis, program silver, auto sensitivity, it Will detect 3 coins together but 16 together no, combined mode ,numbers jump all over , and sometimes sounds like if it was iron, why? I will never find a silver bar if ctx can not detect 16 or more coins together :(

I’ll guess it’s an eddy current issue with all that surface area and nooks and crannies. Software likely programmed to analyze single coin sized objects. 3-4 half dollars together also skew return badly. Bar may do better as surface is more uniform. Would have to have one to test....

No, its nothing about "nooks and crannies". I have done this test. Large amounts of silver halves and dollars are NOT detectable. The signal goes to complete crap, even with a fully open screen. Sadly, I dont have a large silver bar to test.

Jason in Enid said:
No, its nothing about "nooks and crannies". I have done this test. Large amounts of silver halves and dollars are NOT detectable. The signal goes to complete crap, even with a fully open screen. Sadly, I dont have a large silver bar to test.

More looking for scientific answer.

IDXMonster said:

Well what can i say this is sad, i can't believe ctx can not detect a bunch of coins together, that 16 coins was a little cache that i found about 3 years ago, they we're not together like that , they we're spread only cm apart, but what would of happened if they would of been together like in my hand , here is the link of a YouTube video when i found them https://youtu.be/I_Herx6pVvM

This is a big red flag for a 2500 dollars machine , i have been screaming to Minelab for updates they don't want to hear us , many of you Say ctx doesnt need updates mmmm think that twice please , here is a big example that the so called future of Discovery needs a update for this issue , i can't stop thinking how many caches i missed

The question might be... do ALL machines do this or is just FBS? There must be a “why” and then the question is,can it be “fixed”.
Interesting topic again MEV.

IDXMonster said:

Without knowing exactly how FBS does what it does, we will never know the answer to that. My guess is that the signal goes so far out of the set parameters that it ignores it completely. Look at that happens with the progression of coins. 1 coin hits hard on the 12 FE line. 2 moves a little higher, 3 moves higher, until your half dollar stack or pile is hitting solidly on the FE-01 line. Keep adding to the stack and the signal becomes complete crap.

It appears the FBS machines are amined at the 99% market of coin hunters. The programming has been set to be the most accurate on those single coin targets, and it does that job very well. I doubt the engineers ever decided to investigate what happens if you get a great big pile of silver together and make sure that type of target is still detectable. Hell, most of us (me included) didn't even know that the CTX blanks out on large silver, even when they are hitting close to the FE-12 line if the FE-01 area was disced out.

Hello i Made another test , this time the coins we're in vertical , numbers jumped not to much but audio was ok , i Will defently dig that audio signal

Then in horizontal , numbers jumped all over , only iron sound

Then all spread, it was a solid 11:46

Agreed Jason,they just weren’t putting that into the equation,as it may have HURT the ability to see single coins. It makes complete sense and MEV may be looking at a different machine or method if cache hunting is a priority....

stephenscool said:
I just tested 10oz 999 silver bar. Came in,at the top center middle section. 5/6,24 Area. Signal was loud and clear.

Thats good i have a big silver coin 999, 34 grams and my ctx detects it super good, but i'm talking about coins , old coins , and pilled together. Many silver caches are pilled just like i have them in my hand i have seen some caches of silver just like that

Evening guys,
Can't say I trust an air test because when coins are buried for a long time they get a halo making them easier to pick up.

Ran the same test you described.
I used a stack of 10 Silver Dollars and a stack of 20 silver dollars
Tested with auto +3 and Manual Sensitivity 25.
Ferrous Coin and ground coin
Used long tones on the ferrous coin and normal on the ground coin.
Open screen and a screen with minimal discrimination I use to kill the iron wrap around.

Pretty much a repeat on every test
10 on end no issue
20 on end no issue
10 on its side no issue when more than 2 inches from the coil at 2 inches or less it overloaded.
20 on its side it did grunt like iron but I had a clean signal as well. In ferrous coin it did track an iron signal but also a good repeatable signal in on the 12 line.

Spread 10 out on the ground about a 4 inch spread, nearly blew my ears out.
Spread 20 on the ground with a 4 inch spread it I was picking it up at 18 inches no issues.

The only time I had any issues with the tests is when I had the coin rolls right on top of the coil.

Not sure why my results were different than yours.

Good luck.
jerry

I got signals that I thought were big silver but when I dug them it turned out to be 2 20 pound copper bars and one 16 pound bar of copper. The came in at 12 46 if I remember right. They were deep enough I didnt get an overload signal

My brother was hunting with a Whites I think V3i? I was in front of him he was behind me with the 3030, I got an overload so i skipped over this signal, my brother 5 feet behind me gets a strong silver hit. He digs and finds a really nice silver bracelet go figure.

sitedude said:
My brother was hunting with a Whites I think V3i? I was in front of him he was behind me with the 3030, I got an overload so i skipped over this signal, my brother 5 feet behind me gets a strong silver hit. He digs and finds a really nice silver bracelet go figure.

In NO way shape or form should the CTX overload on a silver bracelet. I cannot speak for the V3i,I don’t have one. I would have to see film of that happening. It’s possible it overloaded on something ELSE,but not a bracelet,unless it’s a bracelet for an elephant.

MEV said:
Hello i Made another test , this time the coins we're in vertical , numbers jumped not to much but audio was ok , i Will defently dig that audio signal

Then in horizontal , numbers jumped all over , only iron sound

Then all spread, it was a solid 11:46
are coins all silver?

MEV said:
Hello everyone , this are my settings High trash , 0 dis, program silver, auto sensitivity, it Will detect 3 coins together but 16 together no, combined mode ,numbers jump all over , and sometimes sounds like if it was iron, why? I will never find a silver bar if ctx can not detect 16 or more coins together :(
you need to hook up with someone who knows how to set up the ctx.

Just found my largest coinspill, not crazy exciting, but pertinent to this conversation.

I had a quarter signal12 -45,46 that showed 3-4 Inches stuck my digger in there and out popped 4 stacked clad quarters after I removed them my pinpointed found 2 more with out digging any deeper. Now all 6 had to be stacked but it was more like 1-2 inches.

Definitely signaled a quarter though.