Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my ctx3030 has curved screen

If it is a defect like foggynotion has suggested it is ( and I agree with him that it is. Not for all, but it has been for some, me included and I did look after mine and was very careful about never storing in a hot car boot or exposing for too long to the heat) you should be able to get it fixed by Minelab and it should only cost you to send it there and back if it is out of warranty.

From the following link , that I think is relative to US Consumer Law;

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2013/05/the-word-on-warranty-protection/index.htm

It says the following in part:

" What you should do. If you discover that something you bought is defective—even after the written warranty has expired—contact the retailer and manufacturer to ask for a repair, replacement, or refund. It doesn’t matter what the retailer’s return policy is or that the manufacturer put a notice on the box telling you not to return the item to the store"

I am sure Minelab will help.

All the best

David Di

thanks David :biggrin:

I am not to bothered about it thought it was normal tell yesterday and have had it sense day dot and its been back for a new PCB and they didn't change the screen so who knows but its 2 years out of warranty and while it might be nice its not worth the drama but if it helps someone else get their screen done then not a wasted thread :biggrin:

thanks again.

AJ

Hey AJ ,It's only a cosmetic defect, so no big deal. The problem was that some of them were so curved that a screen saver could not be successfully applied.

Mine has a slight curve at the edges and the screen protector would not stay on. I also hunt the water a lot and with those little gaps at the edges the protector would lift off.

Any way i wish i had been paying more attention cause i would have sent it in for a new screen. I guess i still can do maybe I'll call.

At the time I asked about it and I was told to send it back ,October 2015, they were replacing the screens without question and Minelab called it a repair. Was never told at any stage that "she'll be right" and that "some variation in curvature is a normal part of the design".........

This was posted on Minelab's website April 2017.

https://www.minelab.com/anz/customer-care/product-notices?article=158326

Product Notices for 2017

05 Apr 2013
CTX 3030 screen curvature

"A convex curvature of the CTX 3030 screen may be noticeably different from one machine to another.

Some variation in curvature is a normal part of the design and process when creating a watertight and water pressure resistant structure and is well within tolerance.
It will not affect the display and should not affect your detecting experience."

It affected my detecting experience as I thought that the "variation in curvature" that had turned into a bubble , was at any moment going to pop! That was my perception of it at the time.

How was any one , until recently, supposed to know that the "water pressure resistant structure is well within tolerance and going to remain water tight"? despite the screen curvature.

David Di