Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My E-trac is in the shop but wanted to post this

iskirkra

Had to send my E-trac in for some work and have been using my backup machine. I found this 1913 buffalo today, the first year for Buffalo's, and it is in the best shape of any buffalo I have found. It has not mint mark, just my luck, a 1913 S type 2 would have been worth about 300.00. My E-trac should be back this week. Thanks for looking.

Randy

He's in great shape Randy. Congratulations on such a nice early Buff! Thanks for the picture.

NebTrac

Very nice. For some reason, both Buffs and SLQ's have a tough time keeping their dates.

Congrats - REally beatiful coin. I love any coins with Indians on them! Great part of history and a great peoples - They really represent some beautiful and earthly values.

Nice find, better looking than any I've seen down my way!

Nice Buffalo!! oldest I have found to date is a 192? I feel your pain on the E-trac in the shop thing.

I have a couple 1913's that I've found. Ours usually are rusty red around here when they finally see the light. Nice find!

Thanks for all the comments, I was just excited about the shape it was in, most buffalo's I have found were in terrible shape. The soil, where I found it, is a very sandy loam and it seem to be a little kinder on coins. I also learned how to take better pictures indoors. I used a home made (crude) light diffuser. I took a 1 gal. plastic milk jug and cut the bottom out, and cut some of the top off, just enough to get the lens and flash of my camera to sit in the top. Set the coin on a chair and placed the jug over the coin and the camera down in the top. I played with a little back light just enough to get camera to focus on the coin. I am sure there are better ways to do it, I am not a camera buff, but I am happy with the results.

Randy