Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Equinox 800 Counterbalance Mod...

This is my modded Equinox 800 with full carbon fiber rod and counterbalance. It feels great with the 15X12 inch coil. (swinging it in the garage) I hope to get out tomorrow and swing it in the field.

Joe, it looks good, congratulations.

Is that a one piece carbon rod?
What is your counter balance? Metal or plastic?

Thanks

Tony

BigTony said:
Joe, it looks good, congratulations.

Is that a one piece carbon rod?
What is your counter balance? Metal or plastic?

Thanks

Tony

Tony,

It is a two piece carbon rod with a clamp lock for any length adjustment. You can add to or take out lead weight depending on what coil you are using. I got it for it's ergonomic balance. This system takes the toe heavy 15x12 and makes it feel like you are swinging the 6 inch coil.

Joe

Joe,
That Equinox 800 would be a perfect compliment to my White's Spectra V3i. I have waited, and waited for the Equinox, knowing that it would be the detector when many were waiting for the arrival. I have been waiting for the machine to have a original equipment manufactured rod that fixed the 'wobbly' rod. It is cold here in Illinois, and wet! I will most likely purchase the Equinox 800 and modify as you have. What is the name of the rod, is that the Anderson I have been reading about? Thanks!

#1Leatherneck