Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Equinox has a ghost living inside of it !!!!!!

Donna(NJ

After trying to power up with power cord plugged in, external battery supply, still nothing. My next move was to re-install firmware.
As I walked by the machine, I did to try again, only this time, I kept pressing the button on and off many times. Guess what it powered up !!!
Battery meter said fully charged, flipped though all the different modes, hit the sensitivity button several times, everything appeared to be working.
I decided to shut it off and try again........nothing.....on & off on the power button.....nothing. Ok time to download software and give that a try.
All of sudden, I hear the tones and the machine powers up all on its own. Ive decided to leave it on and see what happens. I will take it to the beach as is,
and see what happens. I'll disconnect the coil so I dont drain the battery :) :) :) :) :) :)

I ordered a new Equinox. I got tired of getting tangles in all the wires from hip mounting the Sovereign.
I will have a new battery to swap out and test. I still think the power button is N/G and I'll know definitely next week.

Thanks for every ones help and advice.

HH
Donna(NJ)

After trying to power up with power cord plugged in, external battery supply, still nothing. My next move was to re-install firmware.
As I walked by the machine, I did to try again, only this time, I kept pressing the button on and off many times. Guess what it powered up !!!
Battery meter said fully charged, flipped though all the different modes, hit the sensitivity button several times, everything appeared to be working.
I decided to shut it off and try again........nothing.....on & off on the power button.....nothing. Ok time to download software and give that a try.
All of sudden, I hear the tones and the machine powers up all on its own. Ive decided to leave it on and see what happens. I will take it to the beach as is,
and see what happens. I'll disconnect the coil so I dont drain the battery :) :) :) :) :) :)

I ordered a new Equinox. I got tired of getting tangles in all the wires from hip mounting the Sovereign.
I will have a new battery to swap out and test. I still think the power button is N/G and I'll know definitely next week.

Thanks for every ones help and advice.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Just made another mistake, I disconnected the coil and the machine powered down........

Sorry for your bad luck.

Just made another mistake, I disconnected the coil and the machine powered down........
I pushed the button on and off several times and it came back on. I decided this time just to lower the sensitivity and leave it on. At some point during the night, it powered off again.
Back to the drawing board.

HH
Donna

Leaving it on will drain the battery.
I take it the warranty expired?
I think it might be the on/off button?
Call Minelab service let them know get an estimate for repair.

Seems as if the charging is working, if the light blinks with the charge cable connected. If so, charge till it goes solid green. Then when you press the on-off button, hold it in with a hard press and wiggle it with pressure held on it. Logically if it's the switch, it should start and then go into a FP. I'd still revert to an old software if it gets working at all.

Wow a hunted detector and Halloween just a few weeks away. Did you have it in the same room while watching political news? That probably made it sick as a dog…….
This is one nutty detector - just might have lost its brains Or the battery contacts are corroded inside and make contact with room humidity or temperature variance.
I would go with Factory Reset and or software update if you can power it on.
Best of luck.
Tony
PS: when phones go wacky we power them down and wait five minutes then reboot. Maybe pull the battery out completely and then back in after a few minutes. Pray the Ghost lives for another device, hopefully not your toaster!

it does sound like the power button is the culprit.. I have a TV that’s acted similarly ..the whole modern technology hey let’s take computers to the saltwater beach thing still has me scratching my head..lol.. it’s an all or nothing game with this technology..probably not a replaceable component like the good old days..

Silly question have your tried the factory reset?
Mark