Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Etrac has served me well

Tenspeed

I have been hunting with my ETrac for nearly 11 years now and it is a wonderful machine, but I had to move forward. I took it out in the dry dirt and got a couple of wheaties (25,2:geek: this past weekend after I ordered my Equinox.

My Equinox 800 was delivered Monday and I can't wait to get it out to see what it will do since it finally rained this week for the first time since mid August.

I bought a 6" coil and a carbon fiber setup for it and am looking forward to learning it like I did the ETrac.

I am reading and learning on this forum so I won't be totally blind with it.

I guess I really want to be confused because I sold my Xterra 70 that I have had for 13 years and am buying a CTX3030 Saturday from a good friend who can no longer swing it. I think my arsenal will be complete with these three machines.

Maybe I will have something good to show so I will start posting again!

An 800, etrac and CTX will keep you busy for a REALLY long time. I’ve got an Explorer,800 and a CTX and don’t think there’s anything else I need that would produce anything beyond what these three will find. I could be wrong, but someone would have to outright show me such a thing. Congrats on the newcomers to the fleet!

IDXMonster said:
An 800, etrac and CTX will keep you busy for a REALLY long time. I’ve got an Explorer,800 and a CTX and don’t think there’s anything else I need that would produce anything beyond what these three will find. I could be wrong, but someone would have to outright show me such a thing. Congrats on the newcomers to the fleet!

Thanks, I have set up a program on Park 2 with tones similar to the E-Trac and have been testing it at some really difficult and pounded locations. So far I just have a few pennies, a Brass drawer pull, and some aluminum. We are going to a place in Charlotte tomorrow that is very difficult, but gives up silver. We had given up on it, but they are grading some and silvers are reappearing.

It is definitely going to be a learning curve. I know the E-Trac so well I can hunt on auto pilot without even thinking about it. I got the Equinox hoping that it will give me some access to spots that the E-Trac just doesn't like. The CTX is to give me the faster response with E-Trac ID's.

I am ready to be overwhelmed!

laplander said:
Looks like the perfect trifecta!! Best of luck with your new Equinox.
HH Jeff

Jeff, I agree with you. I won't feel the need to buy anything anytime soon unless they come out with an Equinox type machine with E-Trac/CTX 3030 tones and behavior.

I have a feeling I will be digging more "stuff" for awhile while I am learning these two. At least the target ID on the CTX is the same as the E-Trac!

That's the beauty of the Equinox is it doesn't always give perfect id's but it will alert you something is under the coil and that's all you need to start finding stuff. Pay attention to the tones first and foremost.
HH Jeff

laplander said:
That's the beauty of the Equinox is it doesn't always give perfect id's but it will alert you something is under the coil and that's all you need to start finding stuff. Pay attention to the tones first and foremost.
HH Jeff

I have been hunting when I can in dribs and drabs.

Saturday I got out to an old apartment complex they are redeveloping (tore the building down 4 years ago and we have pounded it). They started grading some so four of us were out there (3 800's and 1 Deus).

The first signal by one of my buddies (Equinox) dug was a silver Roosie. Great start.

I got my first silver (1944 Merc), 4 wheaties and a ton of clad before I had to leave after about 3 hours to go pick up my 6" coil at the post office. So it was a good start.

After I got my new coil I went back out in some curbs I had hunted with pro and 6" soils on the E-Trac.

Hunting with the 11" coil, I found a lot of change that even the E Trac missed (which really surprised me). I got in a yard and found my second silver (scorpion ring) and more wheats and clad.

I am beginning to understand what it is telling me and am liking the speed.

Yesterday I went to a beat spot and played with the CTX. It is good too, but the Equinox seems faster.

Hilton Head here I come this weekend. Maybe I will get lucky and find some gold!

HH

I agree... I currently have an 800, an Etrac and a CTX3030. If you cant find it with these 3 detectors, I don't think you can find it :)