Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Excalibur was stolen out of my Jeep last night . .

BeachBumm

Hello All,

Just a quick note to ask you to keep an eye out for this machine, they broke into my vehicle last night and completely stole everything! Entire stereo system was stolen, my navigation, sirius satellite system and worst of all my Excalibur. It is a bit unusual in that it is a unfinished aluminum except for lower white rod. Please let me know if you ever see this detector either for sale or in the field. It was stolen in the very wonderful town of Antioch, CA (Where we have layed off 30% of our police force). I would expect someone to try using it here in the bay area, but you know thieves they try to get rid of items and get them out of state asap.

Thanks for any help :)

2jdf2g6.jpg

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that you get your belongings back soon. I hate thieves. :rant:

I am a local hunter here in Martinez . I'll keep an eye out for it while i am hunting area beaches.

Thank you both for the kind words and for keeping an eye out for it. :)

HH, Mark

Like you said they will probably pawn it. Hopefully you will find out who stole your stuff. Sorry about your loss.

Will keep an eye out for any thing like it in the Galv. area. Is there any other ID markings that would help?

I never leave my GPS or detector for that matter in my truck, but if I have to I put it out of site. Watch the pawn shops and I hope you get it back.

Scum, no other word describes them better. I hope they get caught and I hope the detector is recovered and returned to you. Good luck.

I would send a picture and description of it to every pawn shop in the area.. if that's possible..
stating that it was stolen....

That just Sux !!!!

Sorry to hear this !!......Getting ripped off never feels good , and just makes you think what people are reduced to that are so low that they have to steal to make it in life .....Sad really .....Jim

I'd rather not send pics to pawn shops. By law I think they have to hold an item they just bought for a month, at least in some states. That's to insure that they haven't bought a stolen item. You might get a clerk that just blows off the guy with the detector, not wanting to get involved with it if he knows it's stolen. Instead, I'd wait a few weeks and then start hitting those pawn shops and re-sale shops. Play like you are a customer and ask if they have any metal detectors to sell. That way you keep everybody "honest" and if they bring yours out you can then show them the picture and call the cops.