Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first Deus hunts!

dbado1

Got out to an old homestead for my first two hunts with my new to me Deus this weekend. Used the 9" LF coil with 5.0 loaded. Mostly hunted with Calabash's pitch program and Sifter modified to the site. Very impressed with the Deus! I got along well with it's tones. I've been a multi-tones fan on the E-trac for years so I think that helped. Having spent many hours on the Nox, my conclusion is that if you have either the Deus or Nox you are well armed.

Anyway, yesterday, I started my first Deus hunt at an old homestead dating to the late 1800's. I found the rifle butt plate, thimble, and end of the pocket knife there. I had hunted this spot in the past with the Nox pretty hard and recovered some great finds.

Today, I struck out from this homestead with the Deus in hand and hiked an old dim road for about a half a mile through thick Ponderosa pine forest and came upon some scraggly looking apple trees in a small clearing. Turned out to be the edge of an old apple orchard mixed in with the pines. After some exploring, I located the foundations of the house and what was left of the stacked rock walls that formed the borders of the orchard. It encompassed about two acres in all. I concentrated my efforts in the orchard as I want to save the house area for a hunt with my buddy who wasn't able to join me this weekend.

So, enough rambling. Here's pics of the keepers...

[attachment 362698 IMG_0289.jpg] [attachment 362699 IMG_0291.jpg] [attachment 362700 IMG_0290.jpg] [attachment 362701 IMG_0298.jpg] [attachment 362702 IMG_0294.jpg] [attachment 362703 IMG_0293.jpg]

Awesome Eagle "I" coat button and suspenders/fob clip. The back of the clip says March 7, 1871. Four buttons in all. 50-70 case and .45 colt case and dropped bullet. The thimble has advertising printed around the bottom. The silver owl pendant is not period but makes a nice addition to the wife's jewelry collection. Must have been lost while picking apples.

Can't wait to give the 9" round HF coil a run!

Dean

Congrats on your first finds with the new Deus !

It's a great machine - the more you use it - the more you'll like it !

Also, if you hunt a lot of heavy iron / junk metal sites you can't go wrong running Gary's "Sifter" program - I use it about 90% of the time.

Good Hunting !

Thanks, E-TRAC-Ohio!

I did use Gary's Sifter program and I liked it a lot. I have just the place in mind for it and the HF coil. Thanks again!

Dean

great finds Dean. The HF should help out a bit more in those kinds of sites. Have you tried pitch and sifter? that ought to be a killer program.

Nice finds exactly two detectors I swing going to update my deus to 5.0