Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first four silver day!!

Ronstar

Been hitting the university AdLawn the last couple days, last Thursday I hit something solid and high and pushing 8-10” deep but ran out daylight to finish. So, I asked jkline if he would run his CTX3030 over the plug for a second opinion and we met up around noon. Just before he got there I went over to the far end and just started swinging that general area until he got there. Within 30 minutes I dug two Rosies by a huge older shade tree, a 1954 and a 1962!!! C’mon mystery hole be a big ol silver dollar……
Jeff arrives and runs the 3030 and says he is getting a silver signal and thats good enough for me so in I went on the plug I dug earlier. Ya see that night I was pretty sure I was touching it with the hand held but had to back off cuz it was dark. What I pulled out was odd to say the least, looks like silver plated copper something or another……?

So we split up and start doing our own thing. I hit a 1938 wheat by the sidewalk and then a bit later a 1926, could this day get any better!!! Yup!
Up by another old large tree I get a solid tone saying maybe 50 cent or a maybe a couple stacked coins so in I go. Right at 5-6” down I see silver and then I see double silver!!! Two dimes one on another no less. Rosie on top was 1946 and Merc on the bottom was 1942!!!! Then a 1958 wheat nearby!!!!

This is my first four silver day and my first silver “pocket spill” if you can call it that. Pretty good day I would say…….

Attachments

• E178D5E9-CAC8-4A90-9FEF-717E120F657E.jpeg
    E178D5E9-CAC8-4A90-9FEF-717E120F657E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
Been hitting the university AdLawn the last couple days, last Thursday I hit something solid and high and pushing 8-10” deep but ran out daylight to finish. So, I asked jkline if he would run his CTX3030 over the plug for a second opinion and we met up around noon. Just before he got there I went over to the far end and just started swinging that general area until he got there. Within 30 minutes I dug two Rosies by a huge older shade tree, a 1954 and a 1962!!! C’mon mystery hole be a big ol silver dollar……
Jeff arrives and runs the 3030 and says he is getting a silver signal and thats good enough for me so in I went on the plug I dug earlier. Ya see that night I was pretty sure I was touching it with the hand held but had to back off cuz it was dark. What I pulled out was odd to say the least, looks like silver plated copper something or another……?

So we split up and start doing our own thing. I hit a 1938 wheat by the sidewalk and then a bit later a 1926, could this day get any better!!! Yup!
Up by another old large tree I get a solid tone saying maybe 50 cent or a maybe a couple stacked coins so in I go. Right at 5-6” down I see silver and then I see double silver!!! Two dimes one on another no less. Rosie on top was 1946 and Merc on the bottom was 1942!!!! Then a 1958 wheat nearby!!!!

This is my first four silver day and my first silver “pocket spill” if you can call it that. Pretty good day I would say…….
WORK A TREE .....Man I have to quit giving out this secret stuff....
4 silvers for Ron ...and a pocket spill or sort of....
and a silver dollar for jkline ...somewhere down along the road.....

GO GET "EM !

That’s a good hunt, congratulations!

Nice score of 4 Mr. Ron!! Nothing like seeing silver come out of the dirt. It definitely gets the adrenaline pumping! Definitely more there waiting for you!

Went through and checked dates more specifically for key dates. 1926 Wheat is an S mintmark which makes it a pretty valuable coin, $9 in minimum shape!!! Unfortunately it has some issues (looks like pock marks such as on zincolns) so dont think it would make minimum grading (rims are in good shape and can see lines in the wheat heads but she’s otherwise a bit sketchy. Always check your dates!!!!!!

My day wasn't as good as Ron's, but any day I find silver, especially on back to back days, I'm thrilled.

1929s Merc, 1930d wheat, no date buffalo nickel and 3 military buttons.

the far right button gave me absolute fits with my CTX-- I almost gave up on it. It gave me a 1 41-- the same silver dollar signal I got Friday. But it had me chasing my tail, plus must have been deep iron in the hole. So somehow I got this 8" button out undamaged, then notice this buffalo right next to my knee.

Attachments

• 20210606_105633.jpg
    20210606_105633.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
You are doing very well yourself!! Nice buttons and mercs are always welcome. I keep looking for that elusive 16’ D preferably in mint condition 😂

Nice job last weekend I had a great silver day one hole with a merc and silver rosie in a schoolyard area that apparently people missed!
Mark