Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first impressions

silverpark

I've been out for two hunts now, 8hrs. hunt time and a couple of hours in test garden. I have modified the coin program by opening up the upper right corner of the screen, I have auto +2, tone ID profile is combined and I bumped up the pitch in the upper right corner box, target trace on, running low trash (because these locations called for it), user button set to target trace pinpoint, these are the changes I've made to the stock coin program. I have used a E-Trac for three years now and I am comparing the CTX to it. I would buy the CTX based on it's faster ID time, wireless headphones, and machine balance alone. I had a Sun Ray pin pointer on the E-Trac (which I really miss) so the weight of the CTX feels much lighter, because of the balance I'm really only cradling it in my fingers and not clutching the stem, I am using the cuff but only loosely. I feel that I am swinging a bigger arc because of the balance. Depth indicator is dead on, if it said 8inches, that's where it was making it easier to get used to new hand held pin pointer. Very easy to pinpoint with, but will take a couple more hunts to get used to button location, I had a White's for my first detector and always did like that pin point trigger. Target trace is pretty neat, if two items are under the coil at the same time, being able to see both items made picking out the desirable one pretty easy. I hunted a park and a schoolyard, in my area most places are "hunted out", but I still get lucky from time to time. In these two hunts I found: 1 standing liberty quarter (no date as usual) a 1946 Rosie, 36 clad quarters, 8 clad dimes, 3 nickles, and 7 pennies. I also found a couple of sweet sounding bolts plus the usual pull tabs. I do not get the "sweet" sound of silver yet as I did with the E-Trac, but on both occasions when I did find silver, the ID numbers acted just like the E-Tracs. I am looking forward to playing more with the tone ID profile boxes. I believe the depth is similar to the E-Trac, a couple of the clad dimes were easily found at the 9 inch depth level. It is hard having the E-Trac not in use, I always wanted a good back up machine and could not ask for a better one, will set it up with my small Sun Ray coil for those occasions when it is called for. Hoping this helps someone out, I am usually a reader more than a poster on the forums, but will be around more often to help while we figure out settings for this new machine. Happy Hunting!

Thanks for the report. Looks like you had a great couple outings! Good to see you changing around the stock settings. The more you "play with them" the more you'll come to appreciate the functionality choices. HH Randy