Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first seated coin after 20 years of detecting

jtram

First I would like to say thanks to all that I have pestered with questions about the CTX and programs. Ray-Mo Evan Guvner ironman and others.

I went today to scout for a civil war camp old road and creek crossing I knew there had to be something there. After an hour or so all I had was a couple of modern bullets. Last week hunting an old house place I had found a WWI button and learned that the landowners grandfather was in WWI so I took it to him. While at the house he told me about finding a couple of Indian grinding stones across the creek from his house. So off I went. Small field and on the way bay to the truck a solid 12-42 singal 3 inches deep. Out pops a 1837 seated half dime. Boy was I pumped. I dug several signals after that but they were all deep pop cans.

Hit the old house places again and found a coin button part of a spur and a heart rosette
I will post pictures soon

Congrats!!

Still waiting for first seated coin...:drool:

n/t

Congrats my friend.

I would like to break into the 1800's !!!! WTG

Wow, that is an old 'un! Congrats on the old silver.

Absolutely great recovery. That is one of those darn coins that have eluded me for 40 years. Your 1837 could have been one from the last year of the Capped Bust or the first year of the Seated Liberty. Regardless, either would be awesome and ANY half dime is bound to make you grin from ear to ear when you pull it out! Nicely done. HH Randy

Come on Digger, I grin from ear to ear digging out wheaties.

Nice recovery - sometimes you just stumble on something great like that - but only if you keep your coil on the ground!

Sorry I haven't been able to post pictures our modem is all jacked up. Thanks to all o you for the congratulations. This isn't my oldest coin it is actually my third oldest. I have two Spanish coins from civil war camps. One is 1800 and the other is 1807. I have seen a 1787 Spanish coin that my brother dug in one of these camps. Hopefully there are more seated coins out there for me.

HH
Jim

Congratulations from the other side of the Minelab board. :clapping:
I must say if it is your first seated coin and its a Half Dime then a double congrats goes out to you. What a way to get your first seated coin. :clapping:

CONGRATS!
Still looking for my first after 26yrs.
How about a pic?