Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first silver 3 cent piece, a beaut!

osgood

Been a little over 3 weeks since my knee injury. Im up and limping. Its 50 degrees out and i gotta go. Took my buddy to a park i havent visited in a while. One where ive found old coins before. I must confess, in the four years since getting the 75ltd, Ive never used the JE mode, Im not kidding, never. So im fooling with it and find, would you know a piece of jewelry of sorts, the 1928 Hoover and Curtis pin, very shallow. I dont know how i missed that before. Later back in BP mode, im getting a jumpy signal that seems to settle back to 56 and im thinking cool, an Indian head penny, about 7 inches deep.I go down about 3 inches, and checking the hole again im getting a clean 70. When i found the coin, i see the star and at first im thinking as im cleaning it, hmm some kids token, almost like aluminum, so thin and all. but then im remembering, hey i remember a small american coin with a star on it. Cleaning it more it became evident i had a 3 center. I was speechless (no actually i said something i cant print here) I am really wondering if this tops my recently posted old picnic ground pocket spill find. I think it does. The odd thing is once out of the ground it was very difficult to get it to sound off with the detector, as if it wasnt there at all. Maybe once in 6 or 7 passes it would make a little peep. I never got the 70 again. Ever have that happen? My friend with his etrac also with the reading he got said he would of expected an Indian head. I hope my knee is ok in the morning. This was a great day i will never forget. thanks for looking and good hunts all, CO

n/t

Awesome!!! Trime is on my Bucket list!

way back when I was a kid with my Compass Coin Hustler II. Wonder where the heck it went. Seems like a lot of finds have disappeared over the years.

Guess someone else can refind them.

Congrats,

Chris

I also found a 3 center this year, only my second.

Wow,thats in great shape..ive only ever found one..i also thought mine was play money at 1st look... congrats..

Wow what a coin. Can not believe what awesome shape that coin is in for being in the ground that many years.you are having a great end to your great season. Hope the knee heels up. Great pics

Beautiful !!!:clapping:

Great save there,really nice shape. Don't have a 75,some times with my 70 I only get a sound towards the back of the coil when I air check out of the ground.

A very nice coin! I've never found one of those:thumbup:

Congrats! Wonderful find there!

Congrats! Thise little buggera are small and hard to find. I have only found one and it was a choppy little signal. That one is in great condition!

Thanks all you guys. Im still numb. After 1, you described that exactly right, towards the way back of the coil, a tiny sound CO

GORGEOUS trime! Congrats.

That is truely a marvelousand beautiful cion! Dispite finantial woes I too wil jion the ranks of the metal detectorists soon,GODwilling! CONGRATULATIONS & KEEP SEARCHIN"

I thought the same thing as you when I found two of them in the same hole. "I thought oh play time money" Then I took a closer look and saw the words "United States" (the rest being still covered with dirt) I had to take a second and third look at the little coins to make sure I was reading the wording on them correctly. Tiny little coins that is for sure. Congrats on a super great find!