Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first silver with the V3!

robertk

I went back to one of my favorite sites today, and even though it got off to a really slow start, it turned out to be a good day. I had a little voice in my head that said "there's silver here, and today is your day to find some."

The little voice was right. :detecting:

As you can see in the pictures below, I found a beautiful 1941 Mercury dime. This is my first real silver find with this detector, and my first ever Mercury dime.

Finds for the day in the first photo:

Top row, left to right:
  1. The hasp of a padlock
  2. An accordion reed (this one is an A#). I've found several of these but thought they were an electrical fitting of some kind. One of the guys in my club identified it as an accordion reed.
  3. Unknown. Doesn't look like a pull tab, but feels like one.
  4. Looks like maybe a lead bottle cap? I thought it was a bullet, but it has a flower design on the top and has threads in the back like it would screw onto a bottle.
  5. Another lead bottle cap?
  6. Possibly a fired bullet
  7. I think that is part of a paper clip or bookmark. If it had the "arm" on the other side, it would look an awful lot like one. It's very thin, and appears to be copper.
Center row, left to right:
  1. Unknown. Has a couple of points on the back which make it look like may have been a pin or a buckle.
  2. Copper ring. (Looks more like a ring than a pipe fitting. Fits my wife's finger perfectly.)
  3. Copper memorial cent. Can't read the date.
  4. 1 cent Missouri sales tax token
  5. 1940 Jefferson nickel
  6. 1941 Wheat penny
  7. 1955 Wheat penny
Bottom row, left to right:
  1. 1958 Swiss 1 Rappen coin (equivalent to a penny). Tiny little thing. It would be interesting to know how it came from the other side of the world and wound up lost in the backwoods of Missouri.
  2. 1941 Mercury dime. Ain't it purty? :biggrin:

Very pretty dime Robert, one of my favorites.

Very nice! Dont you love seeing that nice clean silver come out of the hole?:biggrin:

Very nice day Robert. Congrats on the silver, with many more to come:thumbup: