Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first silver!!!

Happa54

GS was right about no one posting on this site in awhile...in fact I didn't see any new postings so I stayed away for awhile.

After approx 6 months into this hobby I realized that finding silver in these beat-to-death parks in Los Angeles is going to challenging and frustrating. Until.....

I decided to hit a couple of sidewalks in an older part of downtown L.A.

I picked out an early 1900 building with small patches of grass in front and found my first silver...then down the street got one more.

This was last Sunday when the industrial streets are quiet and no traffic around.

The coins are bit beat up but it's silver nonetheless.

I found my new calling..... "Sidewalk Sundays".

Once you hear that silver sound, you are hooked for good. Congrats!

n/t

You usually remember the first silver coin you find and definitely you will always remember the first GOLD find, whether it be a ring or piece of jewellery!!! Once it happens, your hooked for life!!!

I was hooked even before I found these silvers.... and now I'm REALLY REALLY hooked!!!

I've been throwing down silver (pawn shop purchased) out of my pocket for months now to acclimate my ears to the sounds.

But to actually pass my coil over them while they just sit there waiting to be found is an entirely different experience because it comes as a surprise.

The sounds of that buried silver is so so sweet and extremely clear that there's no mistake of what you are about to dig.

My heart started racing on the first one in anticipation of getting another.

And then upon the second find, I sort of calmed down and said to myself that it was all worth the effort of all the frustration of digging tons of trash at the parks.

As I gain invaluable hands-on experience with my Safari, I sneak out as much as I can leaving the responsibilities of my work behind (I'm self employed). Bad bad Happa54!!!

I hope to post more sidewalk Sunday finds in the very near future.

Happa54 said:
....The sounds of that buried silver is so so sweet and extremely clear that there's no mistake of what you are about to dig.....

And at that, there is no machine that compares to the Safari.