Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first time out with my MXT and my first find

Chuckieo

I went out today (the first time) for about two hours and looked for coins and jewlery with my MXT pro. I am elated. I found an 1854 penny about 8 inches deep. It is aout the size of a quarter. I got a couple good hits on the spot and I pinpointed it. That MXT started to scream until it was a loud whistle-like sound. 8 inches later I found my prize! If I can learn how to post pictures of it, I will. I was able to pass up a lot of junk while coinshooting. I love that new MXT of mine. I didn't have to waste time digging beer tabs and bottle caps, the discriminator was very helpful. I did get a solid hit on iron at 10 inches with a 40 % probability. I dug it up out of curiosity and found an old railroad spike. That 1854 penny made my year.
Chuck

Does anyone know much about the 1854 penny? Is it considered rare? What would be a better find, an Indian head penny or the 1854 penny?

Great find! Your large cent is definitely better than the average IH cent, with exceptions of key dates. I believe there were a little over 2 mil minted and only at Philly mint.

I found an 1828 Matron Head Large Cent and was super excited as well. I was a little let down to realize the market is not strong for this variety. This link HEREshows the 'completed' listings on ebay for the 1854 large cent so you can see what they are selling for on there. Its worth what people will pay, but I never sell my finds....yet. They have alot more value to me than what they are worth!

Thats a super find, don't judge your finds on the value of them. You will have a tough time beating it, but when you do you should cherish it!

I bowhunt too and some memories of hunts that ended without filling a tag were better than some that ended up in the Pope & Young book! Any hunt you have with your dad now, regardless of your really cool Large cent, is the best you can have! I hope to be in your boots some day!

Keep swinging that coil!

Fantastic first find. Congratulations! You're right, that's going to be a hard one to top. Can you post a picture? HH, Nancy

Nice coin. I know what you mean about the pics...I too have trouble loading pics. Everytime I try, the program kicks me out. Hope you find allot more.

http://www.resize2mail.com This site should help with the resizing of your photos. HH, Nancy

I can't download the picture. Maye I can email it to someone and they can do it. Very frustrating. I've been working on it for over an hour

I'm posting the pics for Chuckieo. It's a beautiful coin.

Click on pictures to enlarge.

[attachment 227502 Ohlordletitwork002.jpg][attachment 227503 Ohlordletitwork003.jpg]

Very nice! I would love to dig those all the time. I got to go detecting with my dad today. No special items, best find was a wheatie, but still fun.

I'm so happy with that coin, and even more so because you can still read the date after more than 100 years!

As you should be. It's one heck of a nice coin. Congrats again. HH, Nancy

Nice coin, they must have been to heavy to carry out west cause I have not found one here.

Nice find. I hope you find many more goodies with that MXT.