Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first U.S. 2 cent

Churchy78

I was out metal detecting on our family farm many times and found everything from late 1800 and early 1900 coins. The last year I was using the small XP Deus coil. Over the winter I decided to purchase the larger coil. I have not used it yet, so I decided to put it on to see if I could gain a few extra inches using Andys coin program. I have been over this area many times with four different detectors and thought I have cleaned it up. I came across a signal with 85 solid vdi with a little black showing on the non ferrous. I dug done about 10 inches and found this amazing 1864 U.S. 2 cent. Very pleased with the 11 inch coil.

That's a beautiful 2-cent piece! Lots of detail still remain! Let us know if you get more keepers from that area!

I believe Andy's coin program has "fatty Indian cents" notched out IIRC. You stand a good chance of finding one of those nearby! :cheers:

Nice 2-Cent'er! I agree with you; the 11 inch coil is definitely worth the purchase and still allows for excellent target separation. Very nice relief on that coin--a nice addition to your collection!

Nice shape good for you

What a nice looking 2 Cent - congrats ! :clapping: