Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first V nickel!!!!

The AdLawn is an abnormality. There are places where there is obvious large chunks of iron buried and places you move along fairly quiet. Ghe EMI seems to have a life oc its own. About the time you think you’ve cleaned up pretty well out pops another surprise. I will use Jeff’s picture here to use as an example. We have both worked this sidewalk, it is the original “Hello Walk” that leads up to the AdBldg. Yes, there have been repairs but the original walk was turned into cement in the mid 40s. Jeff pops out a 1902 V nickel today (where his shovel is) at 4”. Why today??? Why did we both miss earlier.

I notch out the first 10 digits of the 15 digit iron span. This way I dont get ALL the low grunts, just enough to know I’m in the iron graveyard areas. I have nickels in the 3H tone setting so that they ring higher than foil and tabs. I should have hit that V nickel as well as Jeff should have running his various ML fleet. Could it be the aftermarket SEL Butterfly is not the best choice? Did we both miss the nickel because we both left a gap in the swing pattern? Has Earthly actually been out here and messing with us with his Johnny Nickelseed routine 😳😂?
I’m at the point a mini excavator is looking plausible……..

Attachments

• 9AA2B76B-1A21-4220-8A8E-34083AD1AC61.jpeg
    9AA2B76B-1A21-4220-8A8E-34083AD1AC61.jpeg
    639.8 KB · Views: 72
Where my shovel is, is where I dug a 1902 V Nickel this morning. 4", and a very iffy signal with the nox.

Wish they came out of the ground shiny!

The AdLawn is an abnormality. There are places where there is obvious large chunks of iron buried and places you move along fairly quiet. Ghe EMI seems to have a life oc its own. About the time you think you’ve cleaned up pretty well out pops another surprise. I will use Jeff’s picture here to use as an example. We have both worked this sidewalk, it is the original “Hello Walk” that leads up to the AdBldg. Yes, there have been repairs but the original walk was turned into cement in the mid 40s. Jeff pops out a 1902 V nickel today (where his shovel is) at 4”. Why today??? Why did we both miss earlier.

I notch out the first 10 digits of the 15 digit iron span. This way I dont get ALL the low grunts, just enough to know I’m in the iron graveyard areas. I have nickels in the 3H tone setting so that they ring higher than foil and tabs. I should have hit that V nickel as well as Jeff should have running his various ML fleet. Could it be the aftermarket SEL Butterfly is not the best choice? Did we both miss the nickel because we both left a gap in the swing pattern? Has Earthly actually been out here and messing with us with his Johnny Nickelseed routine 😳😂?
I’m at the point a mini excavator is looking plausible……..
That is why you re-hunt areas....especially early 1900's areas. Probably a miss swing....that is one reason to use long response on an etrac....like a grenade ...just close will let you know it is there "somewhere down along the road"....or path. Watch your swings and at the end of each swing be sure you coil is level with the ground....but you know that of course.

I’m constantly using my foot to adjust the coil…….hmmmm, maybe I should develop a shoe for detectorists that has a line level on the toe. The Ronstar shoe !!!!! Four easy payments of $29.99, but wait…..

I’m constantly using my foot to adjust the coil…….hmmmm, maybe I should develop a shoe for detectorists that has a line level on the toe. The Ronstar shoe !!!!! Four easy payments of $29.99, but wait…..
000_0005.jpg

one last thing...from the internet....

By ending each sweep with the coil's drifting up, a detectorist, to his
disadvantage, voluntarily narrows the ground coverage that can be scanned effectively.
As a result of such uncontrolled swinging, almost 50% of the area is left unsearched.

Way to go! Hope there's a bunch more in your future. I've also had nickels ring up at bizarre numbers depending on what else is close to the coil.