Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My G2 has SW Version 1

Swagman

Should I be concerned? I do not get great depth with it. Max about 7" on a quarter.

I SW Version #4 better. I am mainly a coinshooter.

If I wanted to, How would I get it updated to SW Ver. #4?

Thanks

i would say that's about average for version 1 or 4, it is a gold machine 19kHz not made for high conductive coins more for low conductive metals gold etc.... how ever it does do well picking coins out of junk but if its a full on coin machine you are after something like :teknetics: omega 8000 may be better suited to your needs 7.5kHz i think much better suited to high conductive coins and silver. may even get better depth and from what i understand the gold bug/G2 coils will work on it so if updating maybe worth a look but you would have to ask someone who has one?

AJ

Is it 7"? in the ground or air?
HH

I have a version 1 G-2 bought in Nov. 2010 and unless it breaks I don't want anybody changing anything. It is not as deep as my Minelabs but I did not expect the G-2 to go as deep but it is light and with the 5 inch coil it can perform detecting surgery in trashy areas. Gold jewelery is where the G-2 does very well. As far as 7 inchs on a quarter I think your soil may have something to do with that number because 5 and 6 inch deep finds are not uncommon with the 5 inch coil in these TN. mountains. HH :teknetics::minelab:

I also have software version one,and a uk 2 pence piece which i think is similar to a quater will can air test to 13 inches on mine outdoors in the garden,i did try it indoors and it was only about 9 inches,probably all the metal and electrics reducing it..
Are you doing it so you can still here a loud sound or till it fades away quieter but still positive.?
Are you doing it outside or inside?
Are you doing air test or in the ground?
Are you in discriminate mode and is the gain up to 100?

Thanks gaz.. :)

pretty sure hold down the GG button and then turn it on while holding the GG button down should come up on the screen. at least that's how the bug works.