Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MY GOD THERE ARE COINS DOWN HERE !!!!!! YEA!!!!:detecting:

GOLDDIGGER

[attachment 122664 Img_0004.jpg]Well I have lived down here in Tennessee for over a year now and I have just now found a GOOD spot to hunt coins!
I have been looking at an old Fairground sight for some time now and I just now Saturday got out to check out the spot and see if there where any coins left in it to find !
Well I wish I had started hunting this spot a Year ago because it is very large and it is LOADED!!!!!
I only hunted for about 4 hours Saturday and here is what I have found so far !
the best I can tell they stopped having Fairs around the Late 40's because that is the Newest coins I have found so far!

I dug about 30 Wheat's
11 Indians oldest being 1880
Oldest Barber was 1899
Newest Merc was 1943
They have already tore up half of the Race track and built on that land and they are going to build on the rest of the land soon , I just hope I can get most of the older stuff out before they tear up the rest of the place!!!

Big problem is the grass is all ready 6 inches high and growing higher every day I don't think they will be cutting it all summer so I may have to wait till Winter to hunt it real good !
I am going to try and use a piece of Plexy glass to put down and stand and swing over the grass and see how that works or else I might have to get a Kid and pay him to cut the grass before it gets to high!!!
I will keep you posted on what is deeper down because the deepest coin I dug was right at 5 inches!!!!!
H.H.(GOLDDIGGER) J.W.

WOW Great finds GoldDigger!!!!!!!!

I bought some metal-less sneakers at Sams club in the camping section. Step on the grass to flatten it and detect right next to your feet. Watch out for snakes.

I am loading up my lawn mower as we speak........:wiggle:

And why would you even think of going on a road trip with that needing attending to. Heck.. I'm thinking of finding a lawn mower and visiting you... :D

G..

That place must not have been searched quite as much as other sites if there are still that many coins left at 5" or less. It might just be worth getting someone to mow it. Sounds like it could turn out to be a real gold mine (or rather, silver mine).

Hey Golddigger,

I've been lucky enough to find two such sites. Nothing like digging a non-clad coin every couple of feet and having one text book hit after another. Hopefully with the slow economy it will be some time before they develop the rest of the site. Think you better haul in a lawn mower, just in case.

Chris

Congrats dude! That's a great pile of finds. . .I think I feel the need to come visit you some time this year!

Mark

going up to see my mom in a week or two in Maine. Big old fairground there that I gotta hit. GL and hope you clean up before the machines do.GR