Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My god... Your all like a bunch of old women.

johnedoe

All this BS gossip and speculation is like a hen house of old women with nothing better to do than gossip..... get a life... go detecting and don't worry about all the hype mine lab is shoveling .
The machine will be out when it's out then after the real world tests you guys can decide what to do...
As for me. I will stick with my MXT and V3i.....

I live in an area where the average age is probably 70. trust me, old men gossip just as much as old women.

Otherwise, good point!

This forum was set up for one reason: to discuss the introduction of the Equinox. People have their various wants, and questions about the detector, and this is the place to discuss, offer opinions, and suggest concerns for Minelab to read and hopefully, take note of.

Maybe some would rather that the Equinox forum had not been set up until after it was officially introduced. I don't know. I'm not a moderator.

But I for one appreciate the concerns offered by minelab detector users who see the equinox as a replacement for older machines. Being an Excal user, I am hopeful that the Equinox will be a viable water machine that will take water hunting to the next level.

That being said, we are all waiting for information about the new machine, and that's what this forum was designed for.

Why do you suggest Minelab is behind any of this? It's the forum users that are speculating and theorizing.

John D,

Welcome to the hen house and thank you for that fine introduction.

Location, detectorist, detector.

You put a good detector in the hands of somebody that knows how to use it on the right location and. Hang on, we’ve been doing that for decades. Detectorists are looking for an edge to help them rehunt sites already hunted by themselves and others with older technology. In some cases old technology will get it done. Some cases faster, deeper, or better sorting through the iron is what’s needed to bring something home.

I don’t have an all weather detector nor a water ‘resistant’ one. And your MXT and V3i are the same. I’d like to be able to walk out into the water or hunt during a downpour and not worry about totaling a $1500 piece of electronics. Would you like your V3i to be lighter and waterproof? That would be some machine.

Anyway, pull up a chair, have a seat, put your boots up on the railing and join the conversation. Nobody’s going to call you an old woman while you’re here.

Rich (Utah)

I would go a step further Location, (detector detectorist).

no one can find something that's not there its impossible so spot is always 1st no butts :biggrin:

I used to say then detector 2nd and detectorist 3rd and that still applies although I have now put them as equal 2nd and tomorrow it will be back to the detector 2nd detectorist 3rd...

and there is only one of each like tennis only one best player and so that's why the detector is 2nd as much as we would like to think we are number one that spot only belongs to one detectorist and hence why a lot of us are looking for the best detector :detecting:

just my thoughts on this matter and if you disagree then get out there and get some more practice in :buds:

AJ

:clapping:
You all know I am just puling your chains......:heh:
I will probably never by one but I will be very interested in how they turn out and perform once they get into the hands of the end user....

Yes it allows for a lot of speculation as information is released. But, if they would release more info as the machine is being tested...... maybe, just maybe, some of those testers or ML will take a closer look at issues brought up BEFORE they give us a machine........... remember the CTX and salt water??? i mean duh. Thats why i keep asking ..... have we tested it yet and whats some of the pros and cons. This may be an ole hen house ........ or maybe its just a good place to brain storm with as little information as we have hoping the product is worth the money we put out there.

where I come from issue price 1300 $ for 800 and etrac is 1750 $ so going on that etrac is better in what way I will leave that up to you to find out, but ya don't get etrac in a waterproof case etc for less money pretty sure even minelab are not that dumb, but time will tell as they say.

of cause testers will talk it up as any used car salesman does, so as always try before you buy or buy try sell/keep its the only way and while this helps detector company's sell units it can also flood 2nd hand market so waiting is always a good option to pick up a cheaper near new unit.

time will tell hey only feature I want is an atom excitement detector that like an XRF can tell me metal content and I don't mind going slow, so I am guessing the EQ is just a VLF retuned.

AJ

johnedoe said:
All this BS gossip and speculation is like a hen house of old women with nothing better to do than gossip..... get a life... go detecting and don't worry about all the hype mine lab is shoveling .
The machine will be out when it's out then after the real world tests you guys can decide what to do...

And while your waiting read this ....... It might help.

Bitter because others are showing excitement for the new detector THEY plan to get?

They/we have every Right to be excited. The NOX shows the potential many have looked for for years. Including myself.

As far as the link. In my opinion the guy is not presenting the information in an honest form. Yes in the end it is your knowledge of the detector you own that determines how good THAT detector works, but has little to do with information about that end results being hugely influenced by the detector used. Put simply. It doesn't matter if you have mastered every aspect of a detector IF that detector can only get 5". The Potentail of a detector is every bit as important as the knowledge of using that detector.

Let's be honest not bitter.

johnedoe said:

And while your waiting read this ....... It might help.

Welcome to the Old Women's Bitchin Club. You can stop trolling now.

the only opinion not welcome is .......... one not asked for. So.... with little information..... we get a lot of opinions, some good some bad.... but thats how you KNOCK THINGS AROUND.

Us Xcal guys have been lookin for an Xcal III...... what did we ask for........ a screen, easiy to swing in the water, straight shaft, faster recovery, single and multi freq..... they added some gold freq as well, water proof wader ...... because id dare say 95% of us dont dive, and simple to use, and last but not least ....... get the darn price down, no more $2400 machines that you have to open the box on. Sooooooo that said, who thinks they may have something here no matter what they call it?

Tyber0z said:
Why do you suggest Minelab is behind any of this? ....

Did the OP suggest Minelab was behind this bunch of giggling school girls at the mall ? I have read and re-read the O.P. and .... don't see that any source (minelab or otherwise) was said to be "behind" it.

Yes, it's all us giggling schoolgirls with daddy's credit card at the mall that are musing and creating the fuss, haha

Tom_in_CA said:
Tyber0z said:
Why do you suggest Minelab is behind any of this? ....

Did the OP suggest Minelab was behind this bunch of giggling school girls at the mall ? I have read and re-read the O.P. and .... don't see that any source (minelab or otherwise) was said to be "behind" it.

Yes, it's all us giggling schoolgirls with daddy's credit card at the mall that are musing and creating the fuss, haha

The OP said: "don't worry about all the hype and horse @#$%& mine lab is shoveling"

Tom, with all due respect, why don't you remind the OP about how it's not nice to tell us to get a life, call us names, and accuse us of talking BS and gossip? Why instead do you quote and challenge me, when I didn't say anything objectionable?

Guys, the troll is giggling too much. Please don't feed him. Take it to PM if you must.