Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My homemade O/U Straight shaft what do ya think?

drewan29

Hello all,
I decided to make an over under SS it cost me:
$ 22.00 for the Alum 8ft section 7/8'' OD and the nuts and bolts.
$ 5.00 for the bike handle used.
$00.00 for the Arm cuff got it off my wifes dead detector (pic is of my excall cuff swapped it after the pic)
$00.00 for the foam for the handle grip also off of wife detector.
It did have some wobble where the lower s went into the upper s but was to long so I slid it in about 6 inches and that took care of the wobble.
I really like it I wish I would have done this 2 years ago when I got the detector it feels good the weight and the length are great.
I want to Thank You to Oldbeechnut for letting me bombard you with questions lol and your insight and tips.
Thanks for looking,
drewan

Mine is something like yours except I put the controls behind my elbow, much better balance. I did my Sea Hunter the same way as my excal. HH

Nice work drewan

Looks alot like the Anderson, ..one of the very first copies I have seen with the spacers like theirs. Looking for few ideas myself on one I'm finishing up now, yours has opened up different approach, may try something similar.........Very Good Again, and thank you..joe/tim/obn

John(Tx) said:
Mine is something like yours except I put the controls behind my elbow, much better balance. I did my Sea Hunter the same way as my excal. HH
Thank you John I took it for a spin today after I made the adjustments last night to the cuff and lower shaft and the only arm that was sore today was my digging arm my right arm feels like it didn't do any swinging at all.
HH-drewan

OldBeechnut said:
Nice work drewan

Looks alot like the Anderson, ..one of the very first copies I have seen with the spacers like theirs. Looking for few ideas myself on one I'm finishing up now, yours has opened up different approach, may try something similar.........Very Good Again, and thank you..joe/tim/obn
Your welcome Joe,
That was what I was going off of. I'd like to see it when your done. The only thing I wished I should of done and I think I might still do it is put washers on the spacers so you can't see the gap if I had a tig welder I would have cut a saddle in it and tigged it..lol
HH- Andy

http://www.indiannationsdetectors.com/shaftlock.html

Here, this is the best clamp I used and can be re-used
Good luck

Looks like your ready for some jewelry in the scoop

BCOOP