Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Indian Head drought is finally over . . .

Tony (Michigan)

It's been a long time since I've found an Indian Head penny.
Found this with my Detech Chaser. It was deeper than my Lesche digger in real hard to dig ground.
HH!

It's in nice condition. Congrats, and many more to come!

I never heard of that detector - so I had to look it up.
It looks pretty cool and by yoiur find it went very deep. Did it give you a solid tone or iffy signal?

Nice find! Im surprised We don't find more they were made for so many years...

Tony (Michigan) --

I love the patina on that 1884 Indian Head Cent! Beautiful coin! Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I agree with you Mkus. Detecting in this town for over 30 years and I have dug less than 20 here. Of course I live in a small town where the oldest parts are under pavement. When I detect in upstate NY, I usually dig a few in a single hunt. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

kschae4 said:
Nice IH with classic patina.

Thanks kschae4. When I dug it up and began wiping the dirt off and noticed the back coming into view, I knew exactly what it was and sent up a thank you to the One above.

I went back yesterday for a two hour hunt with three different detectors and a plethora of coils to see if I could eek anything more out. Only got a Paul Bunyan good for 25 cents token. Don't know what it was for and man, is it ever pitted and corroded!

Blind Squirrel said:
Tony (Michigan) --

I love the patina on that 1884 Indian Head Cent! Beautiful coin! Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Coming from you, Blind Squirrel, it means a lot. Thanks bud.

BigTony said:
I never heard of that detector - so I had to look it up.
It looks pretty cool and by yoiur find it went very deep. Did it give you a solid tone or iffy signal?

I had a very good ID. The tone wasn't perfect by any means but it was there.
I've dug some very deep wheat backs in this park with it. But my deepest find ever was a buffalo nickel in my back yard, which is rather sandy, that was almost as deep as from my fingertip to my elbow. Just not quite that deep.
I'd put it between 14 and 15 inches. I was so flabberghasted with I dug it out. I never gave up on digging it. I knew I heard a good signal so kept digging and putting the pinpointer down the hole. Finally around 12ish inches
with the Garrett pinpointer at the highest setting, I was getting a good hit. Dug down the rest of the way and popped it out. Here is a picture of it. The clasp was a little deeper.

I have to say - at that depth I would have given up.

Glad you kept at it and got a cool reward too.

I looked up this Detector, looks like it doesn't have depth on pinpoint? How do you know how deep to dig? I am thinking about getting one, but that's a game changer.

Tony (Michigan) said:
BigTony said:
Which machine did you use to locate that one?

I found it with my Detech Chaser. ;)