Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My luck is still holding out.

fyrffytr1

I went back to the same site that gave me the Republican Blues button and managed to pull a Dragoon button, small flower button, glass button, 1821 capped bust dime and a 1789 Real. Not too bad for a 3 hour hunt. All told this year has been one of the best I have had in almost 50 years of hunting!

20230205_173539.jpg
20230205_173651.jpg

I went back to the same site that gave me the Republican Blues button and managed to pull a Dragoon button, small flower button, glass button, 1821 capped bust dime and a 1789 Real. Not too bad for a 3 hour hunt. All told this year has been one of the best I have had in almost 50 years of hunting!

View attachment 36177View attachment 36178
Welp you killed it! I'm jelly

Awesome finds! Capped bust is still on my bucket list.

Great finds! Any idea how a 1789 Real could wind up in south Georgia? What kind of history could bring it there?
Back in the day coinage was in short supply so any silver could be used as currency. Merchants went by weight on foreign coins and that is why people find cut reals. This is the second or third foreign coin to come from this site. I wonder where all the Yankee buttons came from. This is a house site and there was no civil war action anywhere near the place. I have found several Union buttons and my hunting buddies have as well.

Dang you had a good outing! I’m happy I got my seated dime, about 0 probability of ever getting anything older around here.
Nice job!!!

Back in the day coinage was in short supply so any silver could be used as currency. Merchants went by weight on foreign coins and that is why people find cut reals. This is the second or third foreign coin to come from this site. I wonder where all the Yankee buttons came from. This is a house site and there was no civil war action anywhere near the place. I have found several Union buttons and my hunting buddies have as well.
Do a little research.
You may have located an unknown prisoner camp or transport lay over location.

Nice finds those capped don't come up often !
Mark

A friend was looking at the black glass button and noticed a design on it. I used my digital microscope to capture the image. It looks like a flower, maybe a dahlia.

Attachments

• SingleShot0006a.jpg
    SingleShot0006a.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 53
  • SingleShot0007a.jpg
    SingleShot0007a.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 59