Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My MXT Pro arrived today!! :wiggle:

Lightstryder

All I can say is WOW! First impressions, solid quality build. So I took her out to the beach (miserable weather) but I couldn't wait. I only found a few clad coins and some pull tabs, but my ears are not trained yet to it's language, but... I am really looking forward to getting to know her. One thing I noticed was the sounds are very faint even on shallow targets, in my headphones, while the tones are "on", but not so loud and clear when tones are "off". Does anyone else notice this? I am using Grey Ghost Ultimates by the way.

I don't have that problem, my ears ring after detecting for a few hours. I don't blame anything but me because the headphones have volume control on each side, I just leave it up all the way to help with faint targets. I'm using the burgundy colored Whites headphones that came with my detector. I think that when the gain is turned lower it sends less volume to the headphones but I rarely have my gain less than 10.
Did you have to use a lower gain at your beach?

Aarong81 said:
Did you have to use a lower gain at your beach?

Yes, I figured that while I am learning this machine I would run it on the stable side of things so I was running 6 on the gain.

Shallow targets shouldn't be faint. Check the volume controls on your headphones or have a detecting friend check it out with his phones to see what he experiences. I have never had an MXT that appears to be to faint usually the opposite. I need my limiter on the black widows. Is the jack all the way in? I noticed the headphone jack was really tight (MXT Pro I just got) on a reducer jack I used to check my wireless headphones. I had to actually bang it in (yeah brute force my bad.) I checked it for length against the jack on the BW's so I supposed it was just the blunter shape on the end. Once it was all the way in it worked fine but I felt the wireless gave less depth so back to my BW's. Hope this helps. I am not sure why but at times the volume controls get turned down on my phones. I will have one deaf ear then check and it is turned down. I find this at the start of a hunt probably just bumped putting them away. How is the threshold? Just audible?

Yes RedRockNv, my jack was all the way in and my volume was almost full, as I said with "Tones Off" the signal was loud and clear, actually hurt my ears lol, so I know the volume was set high and the phones are working perfectly. Ya know it may be that it was falsing, as my beaches are pretty mineralized. I will just have to go out again and try, darn!!! :devil:

Sorry to hear you are going to have to take your new machine out again. Must be rough. You have beaches? I have snow and ice. Want to trade?