Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my new atpro doesnt seem as sensitive as my old one did!

bigboar

I know they dont mean much but I would like to see what some others are getting in an air test with your atpro. Below are mine from my new pro(the model with the camlocks) and I have to say my early model atpro that I sold air tested better than the new one I have by a couple inches on average. It would air test a quarter at well over 12" and have a steady repeatable signal. My new one is struggling at 10". This is with the stock 8.5x11 coil,pro mode zero with no disc and full sensitivity and GB set at 80. I did this at a brisk sweep speed to try and simulate the speed I would be swinging with. I know I could eek out a little more if I flew back and forth across the coil but that wouldnt be how I would be swinging in the real world. I stopped as soon as the signal didnt repeat steadily.
clad Silver
.01=9" .10=9"
.05=10.5" .25=9.5"
.10= 9" .50=10"
.25=10"
Since it is my only machine now, I would like to see if I am in the average or if I should have it checked out by garrett. Their customer service is awesome so I have no worry with that but I dont want to bother if it is in the range of everyone elses. It just seems like it is way less sensitive than my other pro was. I also have dug about 12 coins so far with it but nothing over 3" deep.

Strange no replies about that. I've heard the same thing that some come back not as hot.Garrett must be reducing the sensitivity so they run smoother but loose depth. Call Garrett and see what they say.

Rick N. MI

Mine wasn't either on the second updated machine on raw depth and or air tests.. BUT it was more stable..So trade off was good.. The usable depth was better

I have one of the first ones and yall sure make me feel good about not sending it in .I can adjust sens. down on my own if I need to and raise it back up when I can.

atpro, being a fifteen khs. detector, will get a little more depth on a gold ring the same size, lets say of a quarter i bought a older model, then had it up dated.an like all the others have said, they just turned the electronics, down just enough, to have a quiter detector. mine will air test a quarter at about ten an a half inches.an my wedding band, about the same size of a quarter,at 13 inches i was in my bed room , with lights on an some metal around, at a fair distance away.but an older target in the ground,at these depths should be easely found. i have found, with other detectors, that some wont get as deep in the ground as in the air, but then others, will get deeper then air testing.i have only used my atpro at a school practice field. that ive hunted many times over the years. coins with other detectors ive used, were at an average, 4 inches. the atpro opened up a new depth range. i found dimes an pennys at six an eight inches. a few quarters,at eight inches. all clad, for the school has only been there for thirty years.in summery. a very good machine, with all the depth, one needs. just my two cents worth detectors used dfx ace 250. xlt.

I think that the old AT PRO is hotter than the newest, but more unstable. But Garrett ensure that they have not reduced sensitivity when upgrading the machine. I still think that they reduced the sens., otherwise I can't explain that in air test I can reach 37 and more centimeters (about 15") on a 50 eurocent coin with the old AT PRO, and only 28 centimeters (about 11") with the newest model. I can obtain the same performance on my old AT PRO lowering the sens by 3 ticks.

I just air test Quarter my AT PRO, 2 week old. A Quarter hits good at 10 inches and then falls off. My gold ring, 10 karat hits 10 + and falls off.With these readings I'm still digging holes a lot deeper than my 1500 and 2500. Ruefully I going deep enough. I just dug a penny the other day that must have been a least 11 inches but it was iffy and read in the mid tone range. I'm using a 14 inches hand garden spade and when the hole gets close to the end of the spade it becomes tiring.Start digging the iffy targets and see what you get.What do I consider iffy targets, anything over Nickle,VDI number bouncing around above ,six inches.

I have the AT Gold and it will air test a quarter at 9 1/2" in disc 2 with the 5x8 coil. That's with the disc set at 25. I don't know if the bigger coils will do any better or not. Has anyone tested them both?

I think your in good shape. Just remember to ground balance occasional when metal detecting. Keep your sensitivity up. Ground balace with your iron audio on and check the ground for iron before you ground balance. Looking forward for your finds.