Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My new knobs

synthnut

It’s nice to now see where I am when running my X now !….Maybe Deeptech will hire folks that actually use their product…🤷‍♂️

IMG_0782.jpeg

This is good to hear !……I’m enjoying my Vista X !….. The 11 inch that comes with it is much more usable than the coil that came with the Vista Gold !….Now I just need more time to dial in my discrimination points on the X….. The wider range is way more useful !..😉

At least those look better than most! The wide lines don't do much for precision but I am sure they are much less expensive than the original ones on mine.

It’s nice to now see where I am when running my X now !….Maybe Deeptech will hire folks that actually use their product…🤷‍♂️

View attachment 575357
Please Stop Posting / Starting New Theard's New Same "Knobs. issues. Lastly Stop making and Negative Comments Ref DeepTech Products and Owners .If you dont you can be report and banned as others as other have in past. DeepTech Make High Quilty Products and Best Customer Service all Brands./ Machines in used in over 50 Plus Years Hunting

.If you dont you can be report and banned as others as other have in past

Please quit threatening others for using their first amendment rights or you can be reported and banned. If people were banned for negative comments, almost no one would be here. Negative comments are one thing, but threatening others is much worse. If someone who owns one doesn't like the looks of the knobs, is it good business to threaten them? If they are the best, let them stand on their own.

IMG_5317.gif

Please quit threatening others for using their first amendment rights or you can be reported and banned. If people were banned for negative comments, almost no one would be here. Negative comments are one thing, but threatening others is much worse. If someone who owns one doesn't like the looks of the knobs, is it good business to threaten them? If they are the best, let them stand on their own.

Please Stop Posting / Starting New Theard's New Same "Knobs. issues. Lastly Stop making and Negative Comments Ref DeepTech Products and Owners .If you dont you can be report and banned as others as other have in past. DeepTech Make High Quilty Products and Best Customer Service all Brands./ Machines in used in over 50 Plus Years Hunting
Chuck,
I’m sorry if I ruffled your feathers…..There are issues with EVERY BRAND of detectors ! …..If points both positive and negative are not made, improving the product doesn’t happen…..I have also made positive comments about the X…..I also own a Deeptech Vista Gold ….Please don’t threaten me with your Detector Detective threats ! I have done nothing wrong to get banned from here or any other site….You don’t have to agree with what I write, but don’t go around threatening people either !

I don't think bigchuckinva understands he is doing more harm than good to Deeptech with his threats. Maybe RG can PM him and calm him down. I own a Vista X and don't appreciate the threats just because I think the new knobs are not as good looking as the old.
I used DeepTech Warrior, Vista-X and New Gold Hound. Few Users Posters Repeal make Same Post Complaining After DeepTech Rep Responded and claiming that dont use their "own Products" or Hunt With them " It seem more people make worthless post vs there finds. It seem in today PC World and hobby today hunters spend more time on PC make up post to keep "Drama" going vs hunting in the fields and post finds. I have Great Friendship With All Folks at DeepTech and Fact Im one USA Feild Testers When New Units Hit USA Market { Visit-X Gold Hound }

RG-DeepTech

Active member​

Findmall Sponsor
@synthnut :)
It's not necessary to hire folks that use our products :) It is enough that we read what you write.;)

Chuck,
So this tells me that my posts are read by Deeptech….Evidently others also read my posts…..The fact that both positive and negative posts get read is a plus in my book..It can only help improve products in the future….A wider discrimination range on the X is proof of this….fixing the knob issue is another…You are enamored with Deeptech detectors, and I’m happy for you …I like a lot of different detectors, and use them like tools….The right tool for the job….I hunt a lot of Saltwater beaches….Which Deeptech detector would work well in Saltwater ?….Perhaps one day we will see a multi freq detector from Deeptech….Put me down for one !

So far I have not taken a position on this topic.
Now my post will be a bit longer and with that I will consider the thread closed.
I have no intention of private messaging bigchuckinva (аs well as writing private messages in this regard to anyone else) and giving him advice to keep calm, firstly because he's not a kid and secondly because he knows our products very well.
In the second place - we have a proverb which in exact translation means "to maintain the fire". Or to put it succinctly in this case - three new threads about the same thing in less than two months sounds exactly like "keeping the fire going" - even after some issue has been resolved.
Thirdly - already twice in recent years, one and the same Bulgarian manufacturer under a fictitious nickname has published in this section all kinds of nonsense about our products. Most of you probably didn't even notice. But he is so self-absorbed that he makes the mistake of registering on this forum with his company official email. In this regard, I thank the moderators of this forum for the countermeasures taken. Again, in this connection, the mention of another Bulgarian manufacturer in this section is not desirable. Any manufacturer who wishes can contact the owner of this forum and make a section.
DeepTech has been selling detectors in the USA since 2007. Yes, for many years it was just pulse induction detectors. And too late we decided to make and sell the so-called VLF detectors. That's why we decided to have our own section, and not a section where other Bulgarian producers are also advertised.
With so many detectors on the market everyone have the choice what to choose - detector for salt beach, for beach hunting, for deep search, detector with lights or so on...
As most of you know, we have never written or spoken against any detector manufacturer - Bulgarian or foreign. We believe that every single manufacturer has invested a lot of skill and effort to be on the market. And each has its sympathizers and followers. And everyone makes mistakes - only the one who doesn't work, doesn't. And each detector has its pros and cons. There is no perfect detector. And now if you ask us about what is the best detector on the market our answer will be Minelab GPX - it was and is and probably will be the best in the future. А genius developed it.
In connection with post in another one section to a comparison question between Vista SMART PLUS PRO and Fisher Gold Bug Pro - we never made concentric coil for Vista SMART PLUS PRO! So inferences about how this detector works with such a coil are meaningless.
That's it in a nutshell from me. Replies to this comment of mine are not necessary. As said already I consider the topic closed.

Start from the beginning. There was a discussion about a stupid decision to replace expensive control knobs with cheap ones that cover up the labels that describe what they are used for. Then, a "not a kid" fanboy jumps in and accuses the members of lying and tries to get them banned from the forum and later accuses them of causing "drama". There was no drama until these accusations. Then, there is an attempt to defame actual owners by insinuating they know nothing because they don't post pictures of finds. I don't remember the late, great Monte Berry posting his finds. Does that mean he shouldn't have been posting? Then all this is condoned by the factory rep. Great business model, no? Tell actual purchasers to shut up because they aren't extolling how great their product is, and if an owner finds any fault at all, they should be silenced. Then consider the topic closed? So RG considers calling Deeptech owners liars and attempting to ban them from this forum acceptable because his "factory tester" knows the products? I disagree. I don't know of any another detector manufacturer condoning such acts. If Fisher had caused everyone who complained that the F75 was too noisy to be banned, there wouldn't be near as many forum members but they didn't. They didn't threaten, defame, and try to rationalize like I see happening here. Am I wrong?
In connection with post in another one section to a comparison question between Vista SMART PLUS PRO and Fisher Gold Bug Pro - we never made concentric coil for Vista SMART PLUS PRO! So inferences about how this detector works with such a coil are meaningless.
Yes, since the smart plus doesn't have a concentric coil it is meaningless. Sorry, I assumed the smart plus pro was like the Vista X in having a concentric coil, and, too me, in my opinion, that would be the only reason I would favor the smart plus over the Gold Bug pro. I'm glad you cleared that up but again, denigrating a Deeptech owner when you don't agree with them doesn't seem, to me, to be the best business model.

I do own a Vista X with the big and small octagon coils as well as the concentric one and have been happy with them and was even considering buying the super 6 and small round coil, but, since you consider this topic closed, I will consider my pocketbook closed to any more Deeptech products since I have been called a liar, accused of starting drama, attempted to be banned from posting on the forum, denigrated for not posting finds and thus, judged unworthy to own one or reply about one on this forum. And all this is condoned by the factory rep who thinks Minelab makes the best detector (no such thing). SMH

I actually found it interesting reading about the issue with the knobs recently and here is why...
After some research, I decided to try a Vista X late last year.
Upon receiving it, I noticed something did not look right on the control face.
I looked it up on the web and realized the knobs were not only different, but lacked any colored index on them in addition to covering up the labeling under the control.
I contacted the dealer and told him of my concern, and he was very understanding and said I could return it if I wanted which I did.
I am not knocking the detector in any way as I never used it, but at the time I did not think about replacing the knobs.
I never mentioned it on this forum thinking maybe I was just too picky, but now realize that others are having the same issues as I would have had in not being able to tell where the settings were.
Now with that in mind, what so called negative comments I have seen here are nothing compared to what others were saying about the Equinox not long after it came out.
In fact they were so bad, that I was not even planning to get one until a good friend kept showing me finds he was making and telling me how good it was.
After some time, I finally got one and have absolutely no regrets at all about it nor have I had any problems with it.
There is going to always be something that someone does not like about a metal detector and I do not see any issue myself.
Just my thoughts..