Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My new Nikon D3200 is on its way....the learning curve starts.

Mega

Have just ordered my new Nikon D3200 camera body and lens mount so it maybe here by the weekend,well i hope anyway.

This is my game plan and it may or may not be the right route to take but i will find out,but after doing my homework and with my current skill set of digital camera i dont think i have.

I have a Fuji HS10 and HS20,which work fine but getting on,and although they come with lens upto i think 725mm the lens is a compromise and it work fine,but have been looking for a upgrade,as i have some spare cash i decided on either the Nikon D3300 or D3200,but could not see a great advantage of the slightly higher price one,so went with the 3200 body only option.I had found 2 nearly brand new Sigma M42 lens a week or so ago still in boxes and just like they came out the shop,these are a 39-80mm and a 300mm M42 screw thread lens,so also ordered the lens adaptor so that these lens work on the camera.

Yes i am aware that the AF and Zoom wont work with my lens but that does not matter as the Sigma lens are of a high quality and manual adjustment wont be a problem,a case of using one's brain rather than the camera brain for a change,also i doubt that i would use the 55mm standard lens that comes with the camera anyway,so why buy it,i will put the money saved towards a larger Nikon lens that will be used much more.

I have all the other basic equipment,it was just which camera body to go for,unless you are really into all the latest camera technology its a minefield and i must be honest do we really need all the extras that are offered on the ultimate top flight cameras,its the skill of the operator and not necessary the expensive camera in my mind that can produce good images,but of course i could be wrong and this is just my novice opinion.

So the whole outfit has come together at long last and as soon as i work out all the features of the camera and how the lens works with it and also the weather changing for the better then i will upload a few images to show the results.

Have also just bought a new Nikon 55-200mm lens for the new camera,i am thinking this will add a bit more flexibility when using the camera for most detecting scenarios,all comments welcome from the pro's if this was a wise move,at least i will have a genuine Nikon complete outfit rather than just a new body and a oldish lens albeit brand new Sigma lens.

Thats it for a while,i had a budget that i did not want to go over and its all come just under my original budget just for a camera and stock lens,so pleased with that,of course the end result is how good the operator can use the camera.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new setup..sounds like your plan came together like you wanted. That doesn't happen too often for me. Good luck with your new system and we look forward to seeing photos.

Well a small change of plan,ordered and paid for the Nikon D3200 and then a few hours later saying they have non in stock,got a refund straight away and have ordered and paid for the Nikon D3300 the next model up,cannot work out how on Ebay something is showing as in stock you BIN and pay for it then no in stock,what a right pain in the rear,but anyway still have a new Nikon coming just a later model but the lens and the adaptor will still work on the later model.

You are going to enjoy your new camera gear, will be having lots of fun learning new things. Please post the pictures that you take with the Nikon D3300 as we will enjoy seeing them. Thanks for sharing your excitement with us. Kelley (Texas) :)

What a nice New Year present to yourself. I love my Nikon and I'm sure you'll love yours too. The colors are outstanding. All in all a great camera.

Mega,,, I think you will enjoy your new Nikon D 3300.
A while back, I bought a used Nikon D 200 with the 18 to 200 zoom lens, like 550 clicks on it,, love that lens...
There are a lot of videos that will help you learn your D 3300, on Youtube.
One thing,, I bought an extra battery, not a cheap one, a real Nikon battery....
Lets see some pictures soon.
Good luck
Bj

Just a quick update,my new Nikon 55-200mm lens has turned up,must admit it looks a very nice piece of kit and should do most of my needs i think,also the M42 to Nikon lens converter has arrived this will allow my mint condition Sigma lens to be used as well.But camera is still in transit which is a right pain in the rear,anyway it should arrive sometime this week i have been informed.

Only other thing that i ordered was a dedicated back pack that carries all my gear all setup,it can be carried also like a normal carry type bag but also has the strap for back packing if walking off the beaten track to take images of wildlife etc.

At this moment in time i dont really need anything else,if a really nice large zoom lens came along at the right price i may be interested but with the lens that i currently have i think i am sorted.

The learning curve will start as soon as the camera body arrives.

Have fun with your new toy.

Sven said:

I will never be able to keep up with you and your new toys :rofl:

It was scheduled to be received friday but will be delivered on monday instead as the van broke down,getting a refund on the postage though.

Mega said:
Sven said:

I will never be able to keep up with you and your new toys :rofl:

It was scheduled to be received friday but will be delivered on monday instead as the van broke down,getting a refund on the postage though.

You sure have a big collection of frisbees for those all detectors..................:surprised:
Always trade up when you can, when the price is right.

My new Nikon finally turned up about 30 minutes ago,its a nice looking piece of kit,put the 55-200mm new lens on it and its really light,if i am honest i ws expecting it too be much heavier.

The instruction manual that comes with it is pretty easy to follow,but with so many setting variables i think i am just going to run it in total 'Auto' mode for the time being,not sure if other folks use full manual or auto,but have just taken a few shots inside of the dog and it seems to do everything for me,so that will do me for the moment.

Tomorrow if the weather is fine and dandy i may venture out for a while to see what this bad boy can do,not sure if other folks do the same as i am planning on doing just using it as a high tech point and shoot camera.