Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my new tesoro Cutlass UMax

hay 639 vews keep it going

645 yea

f@$# off

ok the time out work i still like dd coils https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJe754cLbok

razerback408 said:
[size=small]hi monte thanks for the post . 'tough' density and difficult to dig in yes to that ...[/size]
Thanks. Often I read posts that make a statement that isn't clear to me what the meaning is. Much like when I do seminars and someone asks a short question that isn't very clear, so I ask so we are all on the same page of understanding.

razerback408 said:
[size=small]... and iron mineralization as well .ground phase on the gamma 6000 i think was in the 70s the g2 i had about the same.[/size]
That's a bit more mineralization [size=small](Ground Phase or Ground Balance read-out)[/size] than some of the mid-states I have hunted, but rather mellow compared with the '78' to '85' Ground Phase ground I usually search.

razerback408 said:
[size=small]the Vaquero i had was the best as for as depth with the 8x9 coil the Outlaw a very close as well.[.color][/size]
I like my Outlaw, and Bandido II µMAX, and while they do pretty well, they still fall a little short in the 'depth' department compared with the MXT All-Pro and MX5. The Vaquero's 8X9 coil is Concentric and the Outlaw's 8" is also Concentric design, and both sizes have worked okay for me in more open areas. I keep a 5¾" or 7" Concentric coils mounted currently due to trashy site conditions.

razerback408 said:
[size=small]8" Concentric coil will be used tesoro Epsilon Coils don't offer a 5x10 so the nel 5.5x9.5 will half to do i by from kellyco and did not see the 10x12 tesoro epsilon coil on thir web page they do have the sef coil..[/size]
The 8" Concentric Tesoro coil does a good job in 'average hunting conditions' that lack a lot of dense litter. I have a 5-pin 10X12 Tesoro coil, essentially brand new, that I am willing to sell, if you're interested.

razerback408 said:
[size=small]i have used the coil on ourther detectors and like them thats just me[/size]
This is the key comment that you make to clarify your use of Double-D coils .... you like them, that's just you. That's the same reason why I state that, most of the time, I prefer a smaller-than-stock search coil because ... I just like them, because they work well for me.

razerback408 said:
[size=small]with out ground balance i will get better depth with the dd coil. parks i coin and jewelry hunt /lake hunt its very rocky i coin and jewelry hunt / old house sites i relic hunt[/size]
Too many different sub-topics with regard to 'Discrimination' and 'Search Coils' and 'Ground Balance.' It can bring about some heated discussion when it really shouldn't.

There are a lot of decent detectors on the market, both new and recent used detectors. They can provide varied performance and I like to own maybe 3 to 5 detector that travel in my vehicle all the time. There are a lot of different Search Coil types, designs, sizes, and prices. Some we like and some we don't think fit our needs. All we can do on the Forums is comment on what we like, and while most of my models have and use Concentric search coils, I do have a few Double-D coils I use. WHY? Because I like them and they work for me. Sometimes it is because they are the only coil in that size range the manufacturer makes.

Enjoy that Cutlass, and I hope the unit's preset Ground Balance setting is at a good functional point for any coil you get for it [size=small](Double-D or Concentric)[/size] to work well for you. It's all about having fun.

Monte

we are in total agreement its about fun not hate and discontent
Monte said:
razerback408 said:
[size=small]hi monte thanks for the post . 'tough' density and difficult to dig in yes to that ...[/size]
Thanks. Often I read posts that make a statement that isn't clear to me what the meaning is. Much like when I do seminars and someone asks a short question that isn't very clear, so I ask so we are all on the same page of understanding.

razerback408 said:
[size=small]... and iron mineralization as well .ground phase on the gamma 6000 i think was in the 70s the g2 i had about the same.[/size]
That's a bit more mineralization [size=small](Ground Phase or Ground Balance read-out)[/size] than some of the mid-states I have hunted, but rather mellow compared with the '78' to '85' Ground Phase ground I usually search.

razerback408 said:
[size=small]the Vaquero i had was the best as for as depth with the 8x9 coil the Outlaw a very close as well.[.color][/size]
I like my Outlaw, and Bandido II µMAX, and while they do pretty well, they still fall a little short in the 'depth' department compared with the MXT All-Pro and MX5. The Vaquero's 8X9 coil is Concentric and the Outlaw's 8" is also Concentric design, and both sizes have worked okay for me in more open areas. I keep a 5¾" or 7" Concentric coils mounted currently due to trashy site conditions.

razerback408 said:
[size=small]8" Concentric coil will be used tesoro Epsilon Coils don't offer a 5x10 so the nel 5.5x9.5 will half to do i by from kellyco and did not see the 10x12 tesoro epsilon coil on thir web page they do have the sef coil..[/size]
The 8" Concentric Tesoro coil does a good job in 'average hunting conditions' that lack a lot of dense litter. I have a 5-pin 10X12 Tesoro coil, essentially brand new, that I am willing to sell, if you're interested.

razerback408 said:
[size=small]i have used the coil on ourther detectors and like them thats just me[/size]
This is the key comment that you make to clarify your use of Double-D coils .... you like them, that's just you. That's the same reason why I state that, most of the time, I prefer a smaller-than-stock search coil because ... I just like them, because they work well for me.

razerback408 said:
[size=small]with out ground balance i will get better depth with the dd coil. parks i coin and jewelry hunt /lake hunt its very rocky i coin and jewelry hunt / old house sites i relic hunt[/size]
Too many different sub-topics with regard to 'Discrimination' and 'Search Coils' and 'Ground Balance.' It can bring about some heated discussion when it really shouldn't.

There are a lot of decent detectors on the market, both new and recent used detectors. They can provide varied performance and I like to own maybe 3 to 5 detector that travel in my vehicle all the time. There are a lot of different Search Coil types, designs, sizes, and prices. Some we like and some we don't think fit our needs. All we can do on the Forums is comment on what we like, and while most of my models have and use Concentric search coils, I do have a few Double-D coils I use. WHY? Because I like them and they work for me. Sometimes it is because they are the only coil in that size range the manufacturer makes.

Enjoy that Cutlass, and I hope the unit's preset Ground Balance setting is at a good functional point for any coil you get for it [size=small](Double-D or Concentric)[/size] to work well for you. It's all about having fun.

Monte

one of those days https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04WRI-0odjk