Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Nox is almost here. :drool:

Grumpyolddiver

Well it's almost here. I got out last Friday for a couple hrs with the CTX. Then it Hit....5 to15 inches of snow.
Grrrrrr. I know I'm getting old but could barely swing the ctx without shoulder pain. I'm REALLY ready for spring.
Am reading some of the posts on guys changing to CF shafts. Is the stock shaft sub par or is it just the need to modify? Grumpy
(No offense to anyone just wondering) :surprised:

Seems fine to me if you get one that doesn't have the wobble in it. Unfortunately mine has/had the wobble and it's at the minelab repair shop in Illinois:(

Mine doesn't have any wobble and seems quite sturdy. You will love how lite the machine is compared to your CTX. Coming from the CTX will give you an advantage especially if you hunt in multi tones.

Tip; if you like the high tones of your CTX go in to advanced settings on the 800 under target tones and increase the t2 zone to 25. The default setting is 20. Good luck!

Dean

My 800 arrived yesterday. When I got home from work late last night, I put everything together fearing 'the wobbles'. No Problems. Everything for the moment is solid as a rock. Surprised at how light the entire unit is. Unit balances perfectly for me. Don't need a cuff strap (which I hate).

My big fear was that the wireless headphones wouldn't fit my big noggin. They do fit and have room to spare for a wool hat if the weather cools. :thumbup:

As for the after market CF search rods. I like heavy duty. I'll have to see how the factory search rod and cuff hold up with frequent use.

Anyway, the next few weeks will be spent getting to know the 800 and what it can do.

HH

Rich (Utah)

Just got the 600 . It onlyTook two days,ordered the 800 Feb 19th and It might make it mid summer.