Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Nox won today!!

Ted S

In keeping with the theme today,I decided to take my Explorer SE and Equinox 600 out today. I will try to post pics later. I got mu hunting buddy and we hit a house this morning that is slated for demolition. I think I recovered 21 coins out of there including a first for me. An 1866 two cent piece! In all of my years I have never found one. There was the usual clad,a couple of Indian heads and a couple of wheaties. This afternoons hunt was also about two hours. We went to a town that had the school torn down in 1985. I was running the SE and found a deep 22 slug and a couple of memorial cents. My arm was tired so I got the 600 out of the truck. I did hit a deep wheat cent and we were getting tired. I thought I would make one last pass when the Equinox let out a weird signal that I know most would not dig. I switched from Field 2 to Park 1 and it got a bit better but still was broken. ID was anywhere from 21-28 and bouncing around. I switched to 4 khz and the ID stayed the same. I knew this wasn't a bottle cap. I dug a plug with my shovel that has a 7 1/2" blade and put the TRX into the hole. Nothing!! I took out another scoop and then to the side of that the probe started to go off. I called Dave over as I pulled a 1911 Barber dime out of the hole. His exact words were Holy Chit!! That was deep! I will post pics later..To top it off..My friend that lives across the street from the school is the Chief of Police and told me there were three other guys hunting in there this morning. I'm here to tell ya that this thing will go deep and it will get coins!! More later....HH! Ted

Not the best pic...I need new batteries for my camera...

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
I cropped your pictures Ted. Beautiful finds!! And Congrats on your first 2 center!!!

Attachments

• 620E9E46-54BB-4867-9462-B66AC1EFB6A3.jpeg
    620E9E46-54BB-4867-9462-B66AC1EFB6A3.jpeg
    958.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 8974A0C9-06A5-47B7-9708-C7C2BEF5D813.jpeg
    8974A0C9-06A5-47B7-9708-C7C2BEF5D813.jpeg
    927.5 KB · Views: 95
Thank you! The Barber is a 1911 D.. I will try to get some batteries in the morning and check the dates on the Indians and wheats...

I see one IH cent with a date of 1904.
You don’t have a cell phone that can take photos?

Attachments

• 84D34C43-3308-428F-A8D4-0A02D7F5B30C.jpeg
    84D34C43-3308-428F-A8D4-0A02D7F5B30C.jpeg
    955.1 KB · Views: 91
Yeah...But I have never used the interweb on it!!:cool:
What kind of phone do you have ( iPhone / android ?)this is easier then you think and I can walk you through it.

Nice finds Ted..

I wonder what the SE would have said over it...

I should spend a day digging the iffiest of iffy signals and see what happens-- besides a sore arm.

Good find.

I don't know if the SE would have hit the barber dime..I should have tested it but the detector was in the truck a block away. We were out a bit yesterday and my friend has a CTX 3030. I got a weak deep signal that the CTX said was iron. Turned out to be a wheatie at over 7" deep. I got a couple of wheats and some clad this morning but I quit because the ground is getting dry... HH! Ted

I don't know if the SE would have hit the barber dime..I should have tested it but the detector was in the truck a block away. We were out a bit yesterday and my friend has a CTX 3030. I got a weak deep signal that the CTX said was iron. Turned out to be a wheatie at over 7" deep. I got a couple of wheats and some clad this morning but I quit because the ground is getting dry... HH! Ted
What did the wheat read on the nox. sube