Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My old freshwater beach is still producing....

Jack Flynn

I've posted many times about this small beach I have been detecting. Red clay under the sand, quartz and a lot of black sand and iron to boot. Since January of this year or thereabouts I've gotten a lot of rings and silver off of this beach. Not hardly anything in the water per the lake is 12 ft low. I'm hunting the normal pool line and where people would have swam when it is at full pool, way up the "now" beach. I've hunted it with my Excal II and flat blistered the small area with my GT. The mineralization flat shut the ETrac I ran over it down. The GT smoked it pretty darn good after many visits then I hunted it with the GT in all metal. I still pulled some silver and another ring even though the finds were getting scarce for anything metal. Then I got a wild hair and bought the Deus. I had over the last year really picked everything off of about 20 or so small beaches at this lake and could not hardly get a signal or just a couple of finds each trip. I actually bought the Deus to coin hunt here in town the beaches were so metal free it seemed. No joke! This one small beach I had been hunting had dried up. I put the Deus on it and and really still just cannot see how much stuff the mineralization had obviously hidden from my other machines. That's all I can think of the reason being. I really don't know? My last 2 hunts have been a huge eyeopener for me. I'm back to finding a LOT of older beavertail pulltabs and a good many greenies, also a couple of rings in the last three hunts. My GT will get a rest this fall and winter looks like. Like I said if there is this much stuff still in the ground I'm gonna pull more rings and jewelry. Here's some pics from the small area again. This was my first hunt on it with the Deus. Two more silver dimes and and beavertail pulltabs.
photobucket-17918-1345563677757.jpg

Here's three hunts ago on the same little area and I'm learning the Deus still and how to adjust it. Pretty 10K gold ring.
photobucket-29960-1346633905535.jpg

photobucket-1391-1346633906054.jpg

Here's two hunts ago, same small beach, not much bigger than a double car garage as I've mentioned before. Got a pretty little silver ring this time and more old beavertails!
photobucket-26901-1346779423182.jpg

The ring has an R on it.
photobucket-25122-1346779423681.jpg

Here's this mornings hunt, more greenies and old beavertails. Same place.....
photobucket-13266-1347219676931.jpg

I believe I have found my new dry and wet sand detector. I would have bet you a lot of money this was not there. Now I've got about 20 small beaches to hunt "again" this fall and winter. There is no possible way I have missed this much stuff in this small area. I'm digging this all inside and around small indentions where I've dug other stuff since this past January.
photobucket-26971-1347219677952.jpg

WTG Jack...
would like to know your settings..

HH

It is really doing the business on that beach of yours.
That stuff has been there a fair amount of time!!

Really eyeopening results! I wish you will find very nice yellows there.

All of these beaches are dry places?

I tried many time the deus in water. The biggest problem, i didn't find the correct ground setting/setup. the deus always very noisy.

A nice small beach here, freshwater lake, with gravel bottom. Well hunted over the years with my detecting buddy, but always give some suprise!
Ideal for training.

I am curious , how set up you deus.

Just so you know this thread is from 2012, but I hope he will come back and let us know how he did....

WTG !