Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My oldest find yet...a milestone day for me

ramer

My previous oldest find was an 1847 large cent found last year. Yesterday I found an 1820 large cent. Yes, it is in lousy shape and after some effort I was able to read the date. But I bested myself by 27 years and I don't care about how it looks. It was just exciting to find such an old coin. This is what it's all about....the excitement.

The house was build in 1826 and is still there today. Near the house is an old type general store built also in 1826, and is still there today. The owner of this property told me that from the history he has on his property, the general store was the Walmart of its day. You wanted a silk dress from Paris, it could be ordered. The large cent was found 30 feet from the front entrance of this old store. I was given a tour of the inside and it was virtually unchanged. One could easily step back 150 years in time drawing a mental picture of a pot belly stove with a check board nearby.

That's a great find. My oldest find is a large cent too. It's from the same time period (based on the bust) but mine is in even worse shape than yours so I can't get a date off of it.

A big congrats on finding your oldest coin ! :beers:

I see your soil is rough on them too! Around De, most times the date is not even readable. Nice job though and we'll call it character :)