Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My opinion Nel Tornado coil is crap

stasys

Yesterday did few short test with Nel Tornado coil and hot rocks- results are disaster, all hot rocks gave positive signal! Checked with tester receiver resistance and its way to hight compare to minelab Pro coil or old 1050 or Coiltek Little Joy or Minelab 8 or Sunray X 12 or Minelab Slim, this coils I have. Coil Cable too different what the rest FBS coils producers use, some sort they use what they have... Now I think what Nel producers doo? one posibility they do new coils on the table without any thorough field test or they donbt have knowlige how to do it right? Very sad :(

Just because it picks up hot rocks the coil is crap??? I LOVE the NEL...It is staying on the detector as my main coil...We have some magnetite and other rocks that make the detector sound off in my area, but I learn to tell where they come up, and they usually are at the same depth in a given field...It is all about experience...the machine is just a tool.

HH,

In my opinion Yes, what is the point in like this coils when you get on every hot STONE beep and after trying to identify if its hot ROCK or STONE or good target? Do you have time? Yes you can use it and fail in love with it but it doesn't mean its good coil. Not one coil mentioned in early post or any good original minelab coils makes good signal on hot stone that I tested Tornado coil.

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought the Tornado was a BBS coil. It fits the Etrac?

I am not saying the N.E.L. coil is the greatest for everyone...If you live in an area that has a lot of hot rocks, or if your ground mineralization is very high...The coil may not be for you...My ground in my area is fairly mild, and I only get the occasional falsing in certain areas. For me, the coil is deeper than the stock Pro coil, and hits coins on edge like no one's business...

HH,

DiggerODirt said:
I am not saying the N.E.L. coil is the greatest for everyone...If you live in an area that has a lot of hot rocks, or if your ground mineralization is very high...The coil may not be for you...My ground in my area is fairly mild, and I only get the occasional falsing in certain areas. For me, the coil is deeper than the stock Pro coil, and hits coins on edge like no one's business...

HH,

Imagine to use Tornado coil in true all metal Tone 1 on Etrac or Constant on Explorer, looks like impossible task. Exception if hot stones and rocks are part collections .

Hang on - I don't get that last sentence - what do you mean by "part collections" please? My tornado works superbly in every condition I have tried it in - beach,soil,rocks,parks etc.etc. The pinpointing is the best on any large coil without exception I would say. Always in dead centre.

I find that my 8X6 S.E.F. coil is fantastic all around coil. It gets coins on edge, and 8" ones too....nge

I picked up the NEL Tornado as i remember mid Summer 2012.
My deep silver finds increased exponentionally over the stock coil. Even in areas i previously swept with the stock coil.
And silver is hard to come by in the over hunted parks around here.

The Tornado is more chatty in certain areas being a more sensitive coil but once you get used to it, its a winner! Its my goto coil.
Here's the silver i found with it in the 2012 detecting season. Only a 3 of those coins were found with the stock Pro Coil. One of the rings was found with my ATPro.