Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Perspective on the Legend

oldkoot

here is my perspective on the Legend which I do own and have used quite a bit,the Legend was ok out of the box, once the 1.05 update was released to us it got a little better but not on beach according to what I seen and read I personally do not detect beaches and most likely never will unless Cali falls off into the pacific, what I seen in the 1.05 update was all good for me and the ground I detect, which ranges from low 80s to extremely mineralized mid 90s on Ground balance numbers, I have also hit some ground that ran 94-98 on GB numbers and was littered with hot rocks the Legend ran moderately stable on the conditions I detected with those GB numbers, but a littered field of hot rocks makes any detector run unstable and not pleasant to use those areas are what I have a Pulse detector for,but I wanted to see how the legend would handle those types of areas, then the 1.06 update was released which for me personally was not good at all, I had differentiating target IDs, just like Calabash showed in his video except had I not seen his video i most likely would not have seen those differentiating IDs simply because I stayed in Multi 1 or 15 KHz most of the time, the differentiating TIDs only occurred when you shut the Legend down in Multi 2 and re booted it back on it was strange to say the least, it also affected my tones simply because when it occurred it would literally throw a dime ID and a quarter ID into different bins and change the tones I had set up, I had a program set up just to detect IDs quarters and higher which means I had everything below 50 notched out when the differentiating IDs would occur a quarter would come in at 44 or 45 which is normally a dime TID, when it would occur you were literally walking past a quarter because of the way I had everything set up with my tone breaks and tone volumes and tone pitch I had it set up to make everything below TID of 50 to sound like garbage, I set it up the way I did because there are days I do not want to or feel like digging every dime and nickel and just want to get quarters or higher, I reported what I was seeing to Dilek and with in two days they came out with the 1.07 update to replace the flawed 1.06, so far with the 1.07 I am loving everything about it, the tones seem clearer, target IDs seem more stable and it seems to run even more quite to me, I also feel the 1.07 has a little more depth then the 1.04 and the 1.05.

The Deus 2 I can not comment on and even if I had one I most definitely would never do a comparison between the Legend and the Deus 2, that's just me though.

I do have friends that have the Equinox 800 and 600 the 800 to me is the only detector that the Legend should be compared to in my mind, because that was Nokta/Macros goal, I will say when my buddies and I detect together I do not and neither do they notice a huge advantage either way the Legend and the Equinox are vary similar in depth, and stability on the ground we detect, the one huge difference which is the one that swayed my decision to purchase the legend is the build quality difference and that one thing alone to me is the huge difference between the Legend and the Equinox 800
if I detected relic dumps I may have very well purchased a Deus 2 but I do not, so the Legend was the logical decision for me, I may sometime in the future have a Deus 2 but that is up in the air rite now, I will also tell you that I am also considering purchasing a second Legend Pro Pack because I like the legend that much, I want my wife to have one to use when we go out, for me it would be easier to teach her if she had the same machine in her hands as I am using

sorry for the long rant

Last edited:
here is my perspective on the Legend which I do own and have used quite a bit,the Legend was ok out of the box, once the 1.05 update was released to us it got a little better but not on beach according to what I seen and read I personally do not detect beaches and most likely never will unless Cali falls off into the pacific, what I seen in the 1.05 update was all good for me and the ground I detect, which ranges from low 80s to extremely mineralized mid 90s on Ground balance numbers, I have also hit some ground that ran 94-98 on GB numbers and was littered with hot rocks the Legend ran moderately stable on the conditions I detected with those GB numbers, but a littered field of hot rocks makes any detector run unstable and not pleasant to use those areas are what I have a Pulse detector for,but I wanted to see how the legend would handle those types of areas, then the 1.06 update was released which for me personally was not good at all, I had differentiating target IDs, just like Calabash showed in his video except had I not seen his video i most likely would not have seen those differentiating IDs simply because I stayed in Multi 1 or 15 KHz most of the time, the differentiating TIDs only occurred when you shut the Legend down in Multi 2 and re booted it back on it was strange to say the least, it also affected my tones simply because when it occurred it would literally throw a dime ID and a quarter ID into different bins and change the tones I had set up, I had a program set up just to detect IDs quarters and higher which means I had everything below 50 notched out when the differentiating IDs would occur a quarter would come in at 44 or 45 which is normally a dime TID, when it would occur you were literally walking past a quarter because of the way I had everything set up with my tone breaks and tone volumes and tone pitch I had it set up to make everything below TID of 50 to sound like garbage, I set it up the way I did because there are days I do not want to or feel like digging every dime and nickel and just want to get quarters or higher, I reported what I was seeing to Dilek and with in two days they came out with the 1.07 update to replace the flawed 1.06, so far with the 1.07 I am loving everything about it, the tones seem clearer, target IDs seem more stable and it seems to run even more quite to me, I also feel the 1.07 has a little more depth then the 1.04 and the 1.05.

The Deus 2 I can not comment on and even if I had one I most definitely would never do a comparison between the Legend and the Deus 2, that's just me though.

I do have friends that have the Equinox 800 and 600 the 800 to me is the only detector that the Legend should be compared to in my mind, because that was Nokta/Macros goal, I will say when my buddies and I detect together I do not and neither do they notice a huge advantage either way the Legend and the Equinox are vary similar in depth, and stability on the ground we detect, the one huge difference which is the one that swayed my decision to purchase the legend is the build quality difference and that one thing alone to me is the huge difference between the Legend and the Equinox 800
if I detected relic dumps I may have very well purchased a Deus 2 but I do not, so the Legend was the logical decision for me, I may sometime in the future have a Deus 2 but that is up in the air rite now, I will also tell you that I am also considering purchasing a second Legend Pro Pack because I like the legend that much, I want my wife to have one to use when we go out, for me it would be easier to teach her if she had the same machine in her hands as I am using

sorry for the long rant
i never used the 1.04 myself, really liked 1.05, had a nightmare group dig with 1.06, i should of tested it before hand, 1.07 is an amazing update and like you i thoin k it has better performance than 1.05. Yes the xp deus 2 is a great piece of equipment and cannot be beaten in iron infested ground. I mainly detect big open pasture fields, so the legend is great for me. i always say a detector should be picked on the type of land you are going to detect on. plus with the savings of £700 i can afford to get quite a few more coils accessories etc for the legend,

I am curious what is better in the build quality compared to the NOX?
I am guessing the shaft but would be interested in finding out what else is better.

I am guessing the shaft but would be interested in finding out what else is better.
The Nox has has been plauged with broken coil ears. I use the Nox and haven't had that problem. My wife uses the Legend now so we've had opportunity to compare. The Legend coils and shaft have a sturdier feel.

some of my buddies had leakage issues with their Noxes when they dunked them in water while detecting, 2 of them had coil ears break for no apparent reason and everyone i know that uses the Nox has had to spend another $150 replacing the shaft, which mine lab should have corrected from the start, there is also countless post on the forums about all the build quality issues

the Legend has had no build quality issues that I have experienced, personally I will never dunk my Legend in any kind of water and the shaft on the nox is very good with no wobbly shaft issues

I've owned two of the other brand..so far My time with the Legend shows better build quality,better tones, handle/angle feels better,balance is nice..also in my ground the depth,ID etc.is as good or better..
But the best is the communication/interaction with their consumers..it's top notch..hh. joe

some of my buddies had leakage issues with their Noxes when they dunked them in water while detecting, 2 of them had coil ears break for no apparent reason and everyone i know that uses the Nox has had to spend another $150 replacing the shaft, which mine lab should have corrected from the start, there is also countless post on the forums about all the build quality issues

the Legend has had no build quality issues that I have experienced, personally I will never dunk my Legend in any kind of water and the shaft on the nox is very good with no wobbly shaft issues
If you won't "dunk my Legend in any kind of water" then why did you even bring it up about the EQ 800?

I've owned two of the other brand..so far My time with the Legend shows better build quality,better tones, handle/angle feels better,balance is nice..also in my ground the depth,ID etc.is as good or better..
But the best is the communication/interaction with their consumers..it's top notch..hh. joe
So you think the Legend is a better detector than the XP Deus 2 and the EQ 800?

If you won't "dunk my Legend in any kind of water" then why did you even bring it up about the EQ 800?
well because that just so happens to be a build quality issue on the nox, I did throw my legend in the bath tub full of water with it turned on and left it for 2 hours when I took it out of the tub of water it was still on and showed no signs of water being inside, would you trust putting a nox in a tub of water for two hours with all that has been said about that one issue on the forums, just because I said I will not be getting in water with mine does not mean I would not have been worried about a good drenching in a rain storm with a Nox, my Legend I will never worry

the other reason I will never get in water with mine is there is no beaches in Arizona other then fresh water lake beaches which I am no where near in AZ if I lived closer to the lakes i would but I do not

I was asked a question and I answered that question based on my observations of buddies whom owns the nox and everything I have read on the web

If you read this entire topic he makes it very clear he's not comparing to a deus 2 he only said as far as he and his buddies who use the Nox are concerned the Legend compares pretty much equal to those detectors but the Legend is more rugged right out of the box.

If you ask me there should be more comparisons between the CTX 3030 and Deus 2 that would seem like a fair comparison to me, considering the cost of those.

If you ask me there should be more comparisons between the CTX 3030 and Deus 2 that would seem like a fair comparison to me, considering the cost of those.
exactly

I have never been able to figure out why anyone would compare a $630 detector or in my case a $765 because I went with the pro pack to a $1600 detector to me it is like comparing a Xterra 705 to a GPX6000 why would you even do it

I have never been able to figure out why anyone would compare a $630 detector or in my case a $765 because I went with the pro pack to a $1600 detector
I totally agree. Without even knowing, I would highly suspect the $1600.00 detector would have at least a slight edge in a couple of area's. Enough of an edge to warrant more then twice the money of a $630.00 detector??? HH jim tn

Too much comparing machines imo...Thanks for your write up OldKoot on your Legend.. If anyone is curious about how one behaves over the other they should just ask,no need to get technical. I think we all like certain things(features) in our machines, and if the things we like are strong we can deal with the weaknesses in other areas..no machine is perfect or without flaws in that scenario,regardless of price.