Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Pro-Find pointer was acting up so ....

My Pro-Find pointer was acting a little erratic the past few outings. After digging, I would use the pointer, when the target was found, it would still beep after moving away from the target, even holding in midair. I figured the batteries were going bad so I replaced them. The next time I went out, it worked for a bit & then the same issue would happen. I had to shut it off & turn it on to reset it to stop it from beeping.

So I called Minelab service, & told them the situation. I asked if I could send this in to be repaired & they said they would do better than that, they would send me a brand new one. I wasn't expecting this & would like to reiterate the GREAT SERVICE I was given by Minelab.

Cool!

Yeah... I'm on my third one. This issue needs to be resolved. They can't be making money on them if they're giving out two or three per customer?

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that Minelab took care of you. I have always experienced excellent customer service from Minelab and I think it is important that people such as yourself provide the positive feedback when you have a good experience. Good for you for taking the time to do it. I am sure they are working on a fix to the problem. Working out the bugs is part of rolling out every product. It sucks, but that is the reality of it. I hope your next one is the ticket. -Marc

\"Dr.Tones\" said:
Yeah... I'm on my third one. This issue needs to be resolved. They can't be making money on them if they're giving out two or three per customer?

Is this for the same problem as I had, or something different?

Same thing. They work for a bit and then become pressure sensitive and then just start beeping at nothing. It will continue to get worse

same thing happens on my garret pro pointers. im on my second one and gonna send the one i have in. same pressure sensitive issue

I've noticed the Pro-Find to occasionally become loopy and begin beeping at everything. Seems to do it when 1) it is hot and sunny 2) I toss it.

I think the first reason may be related to the NI-MH batteries - which don't like heat. The other issue is probably the pointer's ferrite core which doesn't like to be jarred.

So far, turning it off and on has fixed the issue. When the batteries are weak it also becomes erratic - so fresh batteries are best.

Mind is doing the same thing and they told me to send it in and they would send me a new one so I think I'll buy another Garrett I give my old one away to a friend don't have time to be without one right now

Yep I'm having that problem with my profind and my i waterproofed pro pointer I got and RMA from garrett and Minelab today, so off they go. ALONG WITH MY CTX!! Water hunted with it this weekend and used the external speaker instead of my GG's and it sounds like my stupid speaker is blown now!! It sounds like the thing is dying when a tone comes thru it!!

I fixed the speaker see my post under "15 days without my baby" on how I did it, you'll wanna see this invade it ever happens to yours!! Thanks guys and gals

My Pro-Find doesn't work at all in the heat. I took it to the beach the other day and it wouldn't make any sounds until brought it home. I don't think this a battery issue.