Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My replacement sef 10x12 vrated coil showed up....kind of.

burlbark

I just got back from vacation and opened up the package. This is the third coil they have sent to me because the other two where bad out of the box. Well this time the coil somehow turned into a black standard coil in shipment.....:stretcher: I have to send back a third coil to Kelly co. The detech box has a sticker that says dfx mxt and m6. This was after I repeatedly asked them to test it before shipping.

Should I keep the coil for my Wifes dfx? Has anyone had any luck with the black one on there v3i?

I have used the black one on my V3i and DFX without incident, but a properly nulled white one will work better. You might want to put the black one to the test, I have heard of black ones that work very well but if you paid for a white one.................:shrug:

I just cannot believe what you have gone through. There is not excuse.

They should overnight ship you a white one. How could they send you the wrong one, espcially after you asked them to test the third white one before they shipped it?

You have to check and see how your readings compare with the white coils that some of us got that worked. Some of the black ones had a great null. I just would be sick that they don't seem to listen to you.

I couldn't have kept my cool with all the hoops you have been made to jump through. My fuse isn't that long. You didn't get what you paid for !! You have to ask yourself if the coil is worth all your trouble. I hope you aren't paying postage.

I am keeping my cool..... I have been on vacation so I have been taking it lightly, however, I have been thinking of small claims court to cover my time and expenses. :rolleyes:

Maybe this thread will save someone the trouble of purchasing a coil from Kelly co for their v3's.

Hopefully someone from Kelly Co can see what a disaster this has become and send me a label and a......

"White SEF coil v-rated that has been tested".

I figured I better update this old thread. Kelly co proceeded to overnight me a 4th coil back in July. This time they sent me a white one, it was bad, couldnt run the gain beyond 4. It had been tested by 2 different people. I contacted Gene their sales manager and told him I would send them in after they recieved a new batch of coils. No problem I was told.

Fast forward 5 months to December. I contacted Kelly co and asked them if they would work with me and send me a shipping label to send these coils back to them. I never used them they just sat in their boxes. I sent them off to them and they have had them for 2 weeks now.

I still dont have a working stable 10x12 sef. I was sent a claim dispute form and filled it out. I linked Robs testing of his SEF and wrote up how to test the coils so I am waiting again. Maybe it will take a 5th coil but I will get a good SEF 10x12 before I die.

Kelly Co has remained cooperative and I have know doubt that I will either get a good coil from them or my money returned.

I got a new 10X12 sef for Christmas, in multi freaq out side it cranked up 2 15 and TX on with no jumping around .Signal showed 3-4 noise 40% looks like it might be a keeper , i usually dont run that hot or TX anyway. I use TX with a low sens.settings sometimes . Yazoo

Sounds like you will be doing fine. Now you just have to wait for some good weather.

Hi burlbark, sorry to here about your coils, have you thought about getting your money back ,and getting one from Bulgaria on e-bay at least you will get a white one guaranteed 2 years . just a thought.:shrug:

There should be no difference if he buys from Bulgaria or from Kellyco, they all come from the same factory. My second one was good and Mike seems to have just got a good one. :stars:

BIG G said:
Hi burlbark, sorry to here about your coils, have you thought about getting your money back ,and getting one from Bulgaria on e-bay at least you will get a white one guaranteed 2 years . just a thought.:shrug:

Kelly co told me that they have refunded my money...... it took them 2 weeks and its still not in my account.:drinking:

I am pretty bummed out about it. I only wanted a good coil. With my track record with them (sef coils) I think it would be wiser to avoid buying direct because I cant eat shipping back and forth to Bulgaria. Ebay and paypal are always and option I guess. I will wait to see if my account gets credited.

Rob (IL) said:
There should be no difference if he buys from Bulgaria or from Kellyco, they all come from the same factory. My second one was good and Mike seems to have just got a good one. :stars:
I get your point rob,but it seems to me what i have seen in the posts the coils from kellyco seem to have alot of bad ones .i have not seen any people on other sites in the UK getting them straight from Bulgaria having any problems with the coils be-it for what ever detector they have,just my observation..

Wow, this thread has got me nervous, I just ordered one a few hours ago. With the holidays here I'm sure it will be later next week when I get it but I will be giving it the rx/tx test and I will let you-all know how it goes, I've got my fingers crossed

I contacted Kelly Co again. They made a mistake and no refund was issued......:confused:

Now I have been told that they have shipped out another coil to me. It should be here on the 2nd.

This will be the 5th coil they have sent to me. If I dont get a good one this time I will absolutely give up on purchasing one.

This is why it is nice to deal directly with Whites or your local dealer.

Good luck mate .and i hope its a happy new year for you..:thumbup:

Well 5 shipments from Kelly Co, 6 months of wait and 3 bad coils I finally got a good one. I can run 15 on my gain and can run tx boost and a gain of 12. Time will tell but so far I am a happy camper.

Thank You Kelly Co.......:crazy:

I will do a review to follow up all the good reviews already posted here. What I can tell is that that seperation and ignoring mineralization are increased, so far so good.

Glad your nearly there burlbark..sure the coil will be a good one..:clapping: