Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My season is coming to a close...

Ted S

It has been a hit and miss kind of year for me. Fall is my favorite time to hunt and this year it has been extremely dry! I have been hitting a couple of bean fields the last couple of days with my Equinox 600 and have found only 3 barber dimes and a couple of green Indian head cents. It is very tough digging as the ground is hard as a rock with no rain in sight! I will not dig in the grass with these conditions! Yesterday it was about 42* with a 20 mph northwest wind...I am getting too old for this!! I only have 22 silvers for the year. All but one was found with my 600. The other was found with my Explorer SE. I am going to try to get out today but it will be another cold one! Good luck guys and I hope you are doing better than me!! :detecting:

Sounds like you are still doing pretty good with those recent finds!!
I agree, no fun digging in dry ground.
22 silver coins is not bad.. you are ahead of me by 2.
I usually start doing better about now where I live since it is starting to cool down here… unless we get a deep snow or a bad cold snap, I usually can detect through the winter months.

It has been a hit and miss kind of year for me. Fall is my favorite time to hunt and this year it has been extremely dry! I have been hitting a couple of bean fields the last couple of days with my Equinox 600 and have found only 3 barber dimes and a couple of green Indian head cents. It is very tough digging as the ground is hard as a rock with no rain in sight! I will not dig in the grass with these conditions! Yesterday it was about 42* with a 20 mph northwest wind...I am getting too old for this!! I only have 22 silvers for the year. All but one was found with my 600. The other was found with my Explorer SE. I am going to try to get out today but it will be another cold one! Good luck guys and I hope you are doing better than me!! :detecting:
Good Luck. Dig a nice one.

Sounds like you are still doing pretty good with those recent finds!!
I agree, no fun digging in dry ground.
22 silver coins is not bad.. you are ahead of me by 2.
I usually start doing better about now where I live since it is starting to cool down here… unless we get a deep snow or a bad cold snap, I usually can detect through the winter months.
20 is a good number to stop at 🫢

You have done well Ted!! Cold weather stinks! I love hunting in the warmer weather and I live in CT. I need heat lol

Fortunately, my area has not suffered from a lack of rain.
The cooler weather is nice for detecting.
A few days ago my afternoon hunt went on into the early evening with a full moon.
My Equinox was on fire!
Ideal conditions, and I did not want to stop, untill well after sundown.
Had a great time, and brought home some silver and a lot of clad.

Here in Cornwall my season is just starting, most of the tourists have now gone home. During the summer I gave up detecting as I mostly do beaches around here but the weather was hot and with no wind the sand was getting deeper and deeper every week but now the winds are picking up they will hopefully clear a lot of the sand away. Hope to get out early next week as the tides are around 7mtr so may uncover something further out

Still hanging on to lower 70s here but probably 40s by start of next week. I will go out in cooler weather with appropriate clothing but avoid windy and cold wet days. Been out in light off and on rainy days but dislike the muddy hands and knees. Oh, should I mention all the above is moot point if I find a spot with random silver dollars just laying about???? Yup

End of season approaching . . . ditto . . . . . . i have 2 more days of nice fall weather and then boom, it is 20's low / 40's high for the foreseeable future. ;) Then it is hit and miss for unfrozen ground and temps i can tolerate.

Been a bit of a slow year for me - so i'm trying to get out all i can before the ground goes hard. I feel like a squirrel trying to collect those last few nuts before winter is here.

rich -