Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My second find with the Deus

I haven't really been able to get out and hunt much the past 3 weeks since I got my Deus. Teaching, coaching golf and freaking hot Santa Ana winds have just made hunting hard to do. I got a call for a lost Titanium wedding ring at the beach in the dry sand this afternoon. It seems on Saturday my client gave his wedding ring to his wife to keep safe while he surfed and as luck would have it she accidentally dumped it into the sand.
I had about 35 minutes of daylight left so I got the parameters of where they thought they'd lost the ring and I had the dry beach/sand program going(gotta say it's QUIET) and after about a minute I got a firm signal on the Deus, registered at a 36 and scooped up a Titanium wedding band.

My first find was a 22k gold ring 2 weeks ago and today it was the Titanium wedding band. At the rate I'm going I will soon be able to quit my middle school PE job and just metal detect with my Deus.

Congrats on the finds and good luck with your new Deus ! :detecting:

Great Second find and return.
You're on a roll.

amberjack said:
looks like ya smoking a reefer :buds:

AJ

Ha ha, that's how bad I am at taking pics. The Deus has proved to be a winner. I really want to try it in the wet sand but the Excal always wins out. We've had some good late afternoon low tides and I've only used my excal and yet my finds have been under a $1.50 on two hunts. I think the Deus is trying to tell me something.

Nice find!!!I beach hunt a lot not with my Deus though how are you ground balancing?
And I hunt wet and dry saltwater beaches but I almost always use my Etrac.

amberjack said:
looks like ya smoking a reefer :buds:

AJ

Have to enlarge the picture to see that it is a surfboard in the background. Does indeed look like something in his hand.

Good job on finding and returning the ring!

Mkus said:
Nice find!!!I beach hunt a lot not with my Deus though how are you ground balancing?
And I hunt wet and dry saltwater beaches but I almost always use my Etrac.

I just used the standard dry sand program for it, no mods to it. I think the Deus is going to be my go to for the dry sand as I still love using my excal II for the wet and the water. The thing I don't like about the Deus on the dry sand is the coil cover. It just scoops sand into it and you're always having to stop and get the sand out. All detectors get sand between coil and cover but the deus is excessive.