Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My sencitivity panel was telling me tu run at 7 !

MEV

Hello everyone yesterday my sencitivity panel was telling me to run ctx 3030 between 7 and 12. ( Green numbers) i lower it to 14, and was using High trash setting. Ctx was not stable a lot of noise on ground lots of false signals and bips. Did i Made a mistake running in High trash? Was ground coin the Wright choice?

If it's possible to find a spot clean enough , doing your GB manually might help a bunch.
If not , try using the "seawater" setting. I have one site which gives me sens.settings of 3 with rec. of 8 and the seawater setting seems to stabilize the CTX considerably. A friend took his 800 there the other day and said it was unusable.

If you have ALOT of conductive trash in the ground it seems to tell you a really low number. You can try the given advice but you’ll likely be forced to move on to another site without so much contamination.

Would a smaller coil help in this situation?
I’ve yet to hunt in bad ground , my area and places I’ve been have had decent ground , so far
BT

Ben Town said:
I’ve yet to hunt in bad ground , my area and places I’ve been have had decent ground , so far
BT

I’ll tell you one thing,I don’t think it would hurt! I’m interested in this because lately I’ve run into a place like this that has promise,but not at the expense of my sanity. Sadly,the stock coil is the smallest I’ve got.

IMO, a small coil would help a LOT.----I hunted in a situation similar to this just the other day with my beloved Etrac & X-8 coil.---Went back through with my CTX & 6" coil and found targets (coins) that even the X-8 had somehow missed.----I hunted this area very thoroughly with both set ups.-----Give the CTX small coil a try.
IDXMonster said:
BT

I’ll tell you one thing,I don’t think it would hurt! I’m interested in this because lately I’ve run into a place like this that has promise,but not at the expense of my sanity. Sadly,the stock coil is the smallest I’ve got.

The less ground the detector sees the higher the green numbers will be. Recently we had a group on some property in Gettysburg near the railroad tracks . . . hot ground and cinders. The guy running a CTX 3030 with the 17" coil was seeing single digit numbers . . . the ones with the stock coil were seeing mid-teens and the one with the 6" coil was seeing 19 - 22. While the 6 inch coil did not cover what the 17 inch coil did, it was able to run hotter and actually found targets the 17 inch coil could not.

HOWEVER, I have had very low numbers suggested where I hunt oc'casionally. I've turned on seawater option, then raise the sens up above that suggestion as far as I can to the highest number I can where I can still understand and get solid readings with the machine. This takes some time "feel" where Im able to work the machine with less stability but you get used to the good targets and start to ignore the instability and chatter. It means I get a tone on the far left and right of every swing sometimes, it means I get more false signals too. But over time Ive become partial to use it like that and find some really deep targets in ground that nobody else is doing very well on. what Im saying is that you can use it at higher sens than suggested but you h ave to compensate with training your brain to get used to the way the machine reacts to that. NOT a ton higher sens but enough to get me a bit deeper.
note that Some places this would just overload me with noise, you have to test it in each area.